Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Liner Notes (August 9th, 2019)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

This week’s newsletter contains thoughts on new music from Bon Iver, Colleen Green’s Dude Ranch covers, Shredders, and more. Plus, there’s my usual media diet rundown, a playlist of ten songs I loved this week, and my PSA to make sure your surge protectors are working and healthy. This week’s supporter Q&A post can be found here.

If you’d like this newsletter delivered to your inbox each week (it’s free and available to everyone), you can sign up here.

Three Things

• This week I co...
      This article is availa...
      This article is available exclusively to supporters of our website. Join now for as little as $3 per month and get access to exclusive content and a variety of perks. Plus, you'll be helping an independent publisher. Learn more here.

2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Thanks for the reminder about the surge protectors. As I'm in the market for a new tv, I should maybe consider replacing that at the same time.

I'm a bit surprised by the response I've seen to the new Bon Iver. I'll admit it's maybe not as ambitious as 22, a million, but I for one am glad because for all I respected 22, I found it a complete chore to listen to it from start to finish, with some songs bordering on unlistenable for me. By comparison, I find, i,i to strike a better balance of his older sound with the complexity and electronic layers of 22.

Jason Tate likes this.