Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Disney Announces $12.99 Bundle for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Julia Alexander, writing for The Verge:

Disney will offer a bundle package of its three streaming services — Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ — for $12.99 a month starting on November 12th, the company announced today. […]

The streaming services is likely to be available through “Amazon, Apple, and other distributors,” according to Iger. Disney has not finalized any deals with the aforementioned companies, but told investors “we feel it’s important for us to achieve scale quickly, and we think it’s going to be an important part of that. They’re all interested in distributing the product.”

2. I am 100% in on this

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That’s a great deal. I wonder how long the price will last.

I’ve been getting fed up with Netflix. There’s a ton of crap on it. It’s definitely the least watched app on my Apple TV these days. I still gotta credit them for some of their original stuff though. That’s what keeps me around, but other than an original movie or tv series that catches my interest the service does nothing else for me.

4. CampfireColorado

Regular

Is ESPN+ any good?

5. transrebel59

Regular

The 30 for 30 library might be my favorite thing ever aired on television. Made in America is probably the most important documentary of the last decade. I pay the $5 a month just to have access to the library.

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I don’t care about sports but it’s a good deal!

Raku likes this.
  7. Oh this is brilliant

8. CMilliken

Trusted

This is such a great deal! I pay around $13 for Hulu with no ads. I really hope I can pay a few more bucks to keep the ads off Hulu. I don’t think I can go back!

9. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

But what happens to the Spotify partnership? If it stays, I'll switch.. but I'm fine without ESPN if I have to choose between the two.

Raku likes this.
  10. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Already have ESPN+ for a year from ordering ufc otherwise this would be a pretty good deal.

11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m super naive about ESPN+. I don’t have cable so if I were to have that, would I be able to watch NBA games?

12. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

If ESPN+has WNBA games I'll be beyond sold on this

BoldType likes this.
  13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Curious about this as well. My understanding was ESPN+ just added a few games/league on top of what ESPN already showed.

14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Nope. ESPN+ has deals with the NHL and MLB to stream one random game most days of the season as well as all out of market MLS games. Also lots of exclusive UFC cards. No deal with NFL or NBA though. It gives you access to stuff not on ESPN, but doesn't give you access to the ESPN networks if that makes any sense.

Orla likes this.
  15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Already having hulu through spotify, I'd like if Disney had a version that only came with ESPN. I don't want 2 subs to hulu

Jared Luttrell likes this.
  16. This, and all of the marvel stuff that just got announced is going to be HUGE.

17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Disney's ever-expanding empire is obviously bad for the entertainment industry, & probably culture at large, in the long run... but, like, as just some random person trying to live my life, I'm all about synergistic economic perks like this, lol.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Depends what sports/leagues you're into. MLS got rid of its streaming service and started putting all its games on ESPN+ at a cheaper price than MLS Live itself used to be, so I get great value out of it for just one league. Tons and tons of stuff on there both live, and series, like 30 for 30.

sawhney[rusted]2 and BoldType like this.
  19. pceleb

Newbie Supporter

Anyone know if this is Hulu without commercials? I don't think I can go back....

20. ESPN+ gives us Katie Nolan, WNBA and MLS games. And maybe NWSL games? (she asks hopefully)

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It’s Hulu with ads

pceleb likes this.
  22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Eh not for me. I like hulu on occasion but I've already rewatched the Disney library a trillion times. Not sure what the disney aspect really adds.... and ESPN+ doesn't have enough of anything for me to care about that either.

It's definitely a smart marketing deal though

23. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Will be interesting to see how they pursue the international markets where Hulu and ESPN+ aren't available. Personally, I'm all tapped out when it comes to subscription services, although I guess I could swap should Disney+ overtake something else. Some companies have really dropped the ball when entering Canada, with the WWE Network being a prime example - where they sold exclusive rights to one cable provider, rather than offer as a true over the top service.

24. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I'll prob get this when the MCU shows start coming out. I don't need it til then even though I might need ESPN+ to watch Uconn basketball this season. I still have like 6 or 7 months of Hulu for 99 cents a month so I'll just pick up ESPN+ by itself for now

25. theredline

Trusted Supporter

If you’re into Marvel and Star Wars there will be a lot of new content. That’s what the Disney aspect adds!