Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182’s ‘Dude Ranch’ as Played by Colleen Green

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Colleen Green will be releasing a full-album cover of Blink-182’s Dude Ranch on Friday. Today she’s shared “Dammit,” “Waggy,” and “I’m Sorry” and pre-orders are up on Bandcamp.

I don’t remember where or when I got the idea to cover my favorite album of all time. Tbh, I don’t remember much of 2011. All I know is that sometime about 7/8 years ago, I decided that I was going to cover Blink 182’s “Dude Ranch” in its entirety…on bass. I borrowed a short scale from my friend Sandy Vu and gave myself 2 weeks to complete the project. 13 days later as I was applying the finishing touches, my computer started acting funny. I thought to myself, “Gee, I sure hope my computer doesn’t crash.” 14 days later, my computer crashed. I had no back ups because I always fly by the seat of my pants! I tried to recover my work to no avail. I was heartbroken, so much so that I was unable to revisit the project in earnest until October 2018. Today I can say with much pride, happiness, and relief that “Blink 182’s Dude Ranch as played by Colleen Green” is finally real and ready to be enjoyed by fans of Colleen Green and/or Blink 182. This was truly a labor of love and I hope that those fans can recognize and appreciate that. And to the band who has influenced me and my life in so many ways: Thank you.

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Is this necessary? Hardly.

But... I'm still really, really, really excited to hear Colleen Green's lo-fi, re-imagined take on one of my favorite skate-punk albums ever.

Particularly curious to hear what she does with "Enthused," "Josie," and "Emo."

Kingjohn_654 and RaginCajun like this.
  3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Interesting take. Crazy to see Waggy approaching six minutes long.

bradsonemanband and Orla like this.
  4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I'm Sorry is so cool

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

Dammit isn't there

6. Bought this. It'll be fun to listen to on long drives at night probably. During the day at work as background music though, it's kinda hard to get through since it's all so slow and sparse. But still a pretty cool idea and I'm always down for Blink covers.

7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This is literally the opposite of what I would listen to during long drives at night lol. I think I would veer off the road. Loud, fast, aggressive is my driving at night music.

This would be a good driving to/from work album for me.

8. haha i like the risk!

CyberInferno likes this.
  9. pceleb

Newbie Supporter

The Blink-155 podcast previewed one or two tracks off this and they sounded really good.

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Oh, I'm aware. Haha. "Degenerate" is such a trip in this format.

pceleb likes this.