Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NF Tops the Charts This Week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

NFhas the number one album in the country this week:

The set, which was released on July 26 via NF Real Music/Caroline, starts with 130,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Aug. 1 according to Nielsen Music — the fourth-largest week for a rap album released in 2019. Of that sum, 84,000 were in album sales, which made it the biggest sales week for a rap set this year.

2. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

A friend gave me this album this week. Really good rap and production.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. oneeightytwo

Regular

This is an awesome record.

I can’t be the only one who get an early Eminem feel in his flow in a way?

CMilliken likes this.
  4. Not at all, NF has been receiving nonstop Eminem comparisons for years.

5. Yeah, I was surprised by how much I liked the album. AND I'm surprised that he managed to beat Chance.

paythetab likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I just googled "NF" and the first question under the "people also ask" section was "Is NF Eminem's brother?" lol

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Eh, good for him

8. oneeightytwo

Regular

Fair enough! This is the first time I’m checking him out, and from the first few tracks this was the vibe I got.

9. Lucas27

Trusted

Not a big NF fan. Big fan of this album. He really stepped it up.

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Isn’t NF a Christian rapper?

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

This album is really great.

12. Yes, but he had a huge crossover hit from his last album and now his music doesn't really get pushed/promoted/sold as "Christian." Directly Christian references in his lyrics have never been directly overt, though. When I saw that this album and Chance's latest would be competing for #1 this week, I joked how Chance's album was way more likely to mention Jesus than NF's (which turned out to be true).

atticusfinch likes this.
  13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

First time listener after seeing the ABR frontman recommend this. Really blown away by this album. Going to dig into the discography now.

14. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Yeah this album is fire.

15. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This dude's huge. Friend of mine has loved him for years and it's nuts how big he is now.

16. MJap

We get it. You don’t like NF.

17. Lucas27

Trusted

Assuming you’re a big NF fan, why on earth would you come in here to knock one guy’s (not even all that harsh) opinion instead of praising the record like the rest of us?

Tomozaurus and 333 GANG like this.
  18. Chance is also a Christian rapper lol

Omni likes this.
  19. MJap

20. Lucas27

Trusted

21. somethingwitty

Trusted

Never heard of this guy until I saw people ripping his high placement on the Bunbury festival. Christian rap is such a bizarre genre but good for him.

22. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

IMO, calling it "Christian rap" is a discredit to both his music and his abilities (just the low-bar connotations that come with the label), but it's not a hill I really care to die on either.

MJap likes this.
  23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm an old cause my brain went New Found ...???

Tomozaurus, The Lucky Moose and Serh like this.