Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Barker ‘Disgusted’ Over Echosmith Drummer Allegedly Contacting His Daughter

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Echosmith’s drummer has allegedly been sending some creepy messages to Travis Barker’s daughter:

Barker tells The Blast, “When I found out a 20 year old man was trying to get in touch with my 13 year old daughter by filling her Instagram messages with party invites and compliments I was disgusted.”

Barker continues, “That’s predatory behavior and there is nothing cool, normal or ok about it at all.”

This does not appear to be the first time something like this has happened.

2. I can only imagine that, as a female frontperson in today's industry, Sydney is a constant victim of predation attempts. You'd think her brother Graham would have a heart for victims of this atrocity, rather than actively CREATING victims.

3. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s wild. He’s always seemed like a respectable person, and I even got to meet him at warped tour a few years ago.

I’ll be interested to see how he defends that but yikes, looks bad.

4. somethingwitty

Trusted

That’s gross...granted, if you just looked at her IG you’d think she’s like 18 lol...but um why would you just invite random girls from IG to a family BBQ?

5. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Big yikes.

6. Another day another guy being creepy towards younger women... awesome.

jorbjorb likes this.
  7. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Is "I'm Graham from Echosmith" a legitimate attempt at a pickup line?

8. somethingwitty

Trusted

How else should I word this? The pics make it seem like she’s a jet-setting adult, not a child. Guess that’s what growing up with extreme wealth will do for you!

Brent likes this.
  9. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

The point is that you shouldn't put words to it at all. Because that's the exact type of rhetoric that men will use when justifying this type of behavior. "Well just look at her! She looked 18."

10. She was ... 10 or 11 ... when he sent the first message. She didn't look like an adult then and does not now.

11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

100% agree with this. How on earth can he say he thought she was his age is beyond me.

Gallhammer and jorbjorb like this.
  12. duritzfan13

all we have is time

DarkHotline and MysteryKnight like this.
  13. transrebel59

Regular

I really think this is the tip of the iceberg with this band. I said it a few years ago and people thought it was stupid but more and more weird stuff is going to come from this band.

14. soundclash

Regular

It doesn’t matter how old she looks. Her parents are celebrities; it takes 5 seconds to use Google and find out her age.

Either way, his excuse goes out the window entirely since he tried contacting her for three years and not one of the earlier messages mentioned a BBQ. Not to mention this isn’t the first underage girl he contacted.

15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’ll bite. Why/what do you mean?

MysteryKnight likes this.
  16. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Let's be real here. No one "looks" 18. She looks like a young teenager because she is one. What people really mean when they say a girl "looks 18" is that they assumed (or hoped) that they could openly sexualize her because they were already internally sexualizing her because society strongly encourages the sexualization of young girls.

17. transrebel59

Regular

This a whole new can of worms to open but there is a legitimately bizarre picture of her and other children with High Hefner on her Instagram. Was he known for hosting parties that children would attend?

18. zachmacD

Trusted

yikes

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

ugh

20. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

You can say she looks 18 all you want, but the fact is that it doesn't make sense why he wouldn't have checked her age anyway, there's no way someone looks at her and says "yup, definitely 18". Alabama Barker is pretty famous, it's extremely easy to find out her age. He could have took 2 seconds to look up her age and see, yikes, I need to stop. He didn't

21. currytheword

Trusted

There were many mistakes here. The girl’s age is obviously, visually NOT one of them. Some self-reflection time for those mistaking anyone ages 13-17 as adults.

Gallhammer likes this.
  22. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Nope, never once has a girl I ‘assumed’ was ‘older’ turned out to be 10. Nope. Never.

Anyone saying she ‘looks older’, what? 12? 13?

This dude is trash. This band is trash if they don’t admit their brother is a problem and don’t swiftly get rid of him.

Nuts anyone even utters about what she ‘looks like’ here.

tytymcg and currytheword like this.
  23. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

In one of the twitter links he then follows it by saying he's home schooled. I know it's completely beside the point of the real issue here, but that's completely baffled me as something to lead with.

Don't really know anything about this band, but they need to ditch this creeper extremely quickly.

24. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Nope

Gallhammer likes this.
  25. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious