Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Rose and Ryan Dunson Touring Together

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Quite cool! And I've just missed Mark playing close to my country ehh, he was in Prague for example ;o I wish I'd have a chance to see a Spitalfield reunion show one day though

3. zachmacD

Trusted

I don't think I could bare another rookie of the year show. I went to see Ryan play solo and I was one of like four people there. It was super awkward and the setlist blew

Jonathan likes this.
  4. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

blast from the past. Remember Right Now and the way less known and loved album by Terminal "How The Lonely Keep" will always have a place in my heart. The line in Kill The Drama "you said that you were leaving I asked where we were going" has me sadly smiling to this day! I believe Mark Rose and Travis Bryant teamed up once for a show...I think. Or maybe I dreamt it.

Bartek T. likes this.
  5. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I might have to check this out. I haven't really listened to any of Mark Rose's solo stuff in quite a while, but I haven't been to a show at PJ's in a while either and would like to go.

I'm very intrigued by this Kalkaska date.

Bartek T. likes this.
  6. Mark Rose must be the most underrated songwriter of this scene, and I'm not even that much of a Spitalfield fan. His solo stuff blew me away, been a while since I checked it out

Bartek T. likes this.
  7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Absolutely agreed that Mark Rose is so underrated, could've been at least half as big as Patrick Stump to be honest.

8. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

This thread has caused me to discover that ROTY has a cover of Copeland's "Erase" on Spotify and....good arrangement, but can't get into the vocals.

Loved The Goodnight Moon so much back in 2006 though.

zachmacD likes this.
  9. zachmacD

Trusted

Yeah he kind of sounds like trace cyrus now with the whispered vocals

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Thanks for the info, checked it out, it's good cause the melodies in Erase are just perfect on their own!

11. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Monsters Of 5th Tier Oughts Emo: The Tour?

12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

That's disappointing. I saw Rookie of the Year tour with Sherwood last year and they put on a good show. The only part that made me sad was Ryan in the audience selling cd's of The Goodnight Moon for "anything" because they needed "gas money." I gave him $10 for two copies and gave one to my friend (even though we both have Spotify).

zachmacD likes this.
  13. zachmacD

Trusted

You remember the set list?

14. CyberInferno

15. daldalian

That is super awkward.

16. CyberInferno

Yeah it was. It's sad because the show was not particularly well-attended (at least, by my estimations), so I was already doing the mental math about how much money the bands were making and getting a bit down about it. That interaction just reaffirmed my suspicions.

It's funny how, when you're younger, you don't even think about any of that stuff. Younger me would have gone, "Sweet, an intimate show!" Older me goes, "I hope they're making enough money from the venue..I doubt we'll be seeing these guys again in Dallas..."

kelseyleigh and Bartek T. like this.
  17. daldalian

Yep...that has to be a huge part of what wears bands down. The fans that come are passionate and stoked to see the show, but if it isn't enough to keep gas in the tank, it's time for hard choices. The last time Lydia came to Birmingham, attendance was less than stellar. Doesn't help they came on a weeknight, but man, I wouldn't blame them for not coming back.