Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dance Gavin Dance – “Lemon Meringue Tie” (Live)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Morkypep

I absolutely love these ! If those vocals were seriously done in one take than bravo Tillian !

Jake W likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I was expecting them to change up the songs a little and re-record them in studio. This just sounds like a live album?

I only thought this cause Swan himself posted on fb a while back asking if fans would want an album of reworked older songs with Tillian on it.

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Tillian did a great job on this, I may actually prefer it to Jonny's vocals. Need time for that to sink in haha

5. robargarthan

This is a live album.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

As someone who doesn't like Tillian's vocals very much, this is pretty impressive on his part. And as someone who loves Jon's vocals throughout their discography, his new approach doesn't jive well with these tracks, in my opinion.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Tilian's vocals are incredible as usual.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well I thought it was a live in studio record but it sounds like a regular live album.

9. Louie

Takes a Bit More

What an incredible song. DGD doing it again. I want this vinyl in my collection.

10. Eric

Regular

It was recorded live in studio. I don't know why you're having so much trouble grasping that

11. lolfpcmlol

Regular

I think what he's saying is he thought it would be an album that was recorded in one take but then produced and polished rather than left raw and live sounding. Does that make sense?

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

See below and don't be a dick next time?

Exactly and thank you.

13. Morkypep

this was clearly mixed and produced after the inital recording

14. lolfpcmlol

Regular

Yes, i didn't say it wasn't. I guess I don't know how to explain it any better either but this sounds like a live recording. You can record live in the studio and have it sound like a studio album. Take the entire discography of the Chariot for example.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Still sounds rough as hell to me. I thought this was going to be cleaned up a little.

16. Morkypep

Fair enough. But for me this is perfect. Makes it feel real and nice. And they sound amazing IMO. If you wanna hear an incredibly layered and pristine version, you still have the original songs.