Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Darkside”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. DooDooBird

Trusted

Sounds like a Goldfinger song with Matt singing.

3. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Much better than the last song they released that i've pretended does not exist

4. thisisasong

I just can’t get into anything they are putting out. They are now 0/4 for me with this album and I am a lifelong blink fan for whatever that’s worth.

5. Stevie

Regular

All these songs except generational divide are just foot tappers for me. There’s nothing mind blowing about them or anything getting me super excited. Generational Divide made me sit up immediately.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I think this one is my favorite of what they released so far

7. kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

It's catchy, but that's never been a problem for Blink. I'm not sure I'm going to care for this album much based on the few songs released. Happy Days is probably the most repeatable one for me, but even that one is just because it's filling a craving for Blink songs, not because it's a standout song.

All that being said, I'm still optimistic that the other 11 songs will be inspired and inspiring.

8. This is decent, but I could see myself forgetting about it after a while. I'm lukewarm on the singles for this new record so far.

thisisasong and RyanPm40 like this.
  9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

That LED light would be pretty sweet..

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. Dan O'Neill

Regular

This one and Generational Divide on the only songs I’ve really liked so far, and I like Divide far more than Darkside.

Yikes, I hope the album has some nice surprises.

11. shea

RIP Supporter

$30 for an LP and $16 for a cassette? Fuck all the way off.

12. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Pre-chorus is cool I guess. Not really excited by anything I've heard so far.

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Is this really much different than what other albums are going for now?

14. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Nope. Pretty average.

15. failinginplace

Regular

this is the only darkseid that matters

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  16. failinginplace

Regular

No but for real, I feel like the Dogs Eating Dogs EP was the perfect evolution of what could possibly come next for a full length blink album but instead we got... california and this. It's been a while since I have legit jammed out to blink, and that makes me sad. hopefully there will be some other tracks that echo Generational Divide because that's the most promising think I've heard, and it's barely 45 seconds long.

chewbacca110 and Dan O'Neill like this.
  17. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I love that shirt but not $45 love it, plus I have a ton of t-shirts I need to clean out of my closet already anyway

18. Kyle1130

I just don't understand how they keep putting out these lame songs? I'm 28 and have been a Blink fan for almost 20 years. I just can't get into anything they have put out without Tom. I liked Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs and that showed an evolution in their sound. Now they just put out these cheap pop songs. Honestly this music should not be put out under the blink182 umbrella but then they can't go on big arena and amphitheatre tours.

failinginplace, ARX39 and Brent like this.
  19. 333 GANG

ACAB

I can’t imagine someone thinking Neighborhoods and DED are better songs than those on California and these new ones. Both of those releases are average at best, and that’s probably being very generous.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  20. currytheword

Trusted

Neighborhoods has a solid 4-5 great Blink songs. In none of them does Tom say spider.

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Neighborhoods was good, and so was Dogs Eating Dogs. California was also really good. It was different, but still good. Getting a new singer/guitarist meant they would have to change their sound somewhat to accommodate the style

22. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I love Neighborhoods. My friends and I grew up on Dude Ranch/Enema, and we all agree that Neighborhoods was an amazing next step for Blink. Meanwhile, none of us really like the newer stuff. Some songs are alright, but it’s no Neighborhoods or Dogs in our opinion.

23. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Exactly how I feel, this doesn't feel like Blink to me. I think these no songs are indicative that Tom was the clear creative in the band.

thisisasong and Dan O'Neill like this.
  24. theredline

Trusted Supporter

B4D1C011-2D4B-4DFE-9427-CAA909495197.gif

hongfong00 likes this.
  25. currytheword

Trusted

[​IMG]

Dan O'Neill likes this.