Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Starting Line at Warped Tour (Video Interview)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Jared Luttrell and Kaduck like this.
  2. Kaduck

Regular

Really wish I could make it to a show of theirs at some point. Good interview! I’m hoping for new tunes sooner than later.

3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I went to the LA date with my sister. We had such a great time. It was so nostalgic for both of us.

DandonTRJ and waterloobeam like this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really hope they one day release a new record but I’ll take whatever TSL I can get!

Matt504 likes this.
  5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Cool to hear them acknowledge why they avoid a lot of Based on a True Story. It’s my favourite album by them but I get it. Nice interview

6. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Great show. I legitimately forgot Teenage Wrist was opening and got so excited when I saw their merch stand.

7. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

I’ll have to watch after work because I was curious about why they didn’t play much from True Story this past Saturday. That’s my favorite album by them too.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Such a good band. I don't know of many other bands in the scene that have had progressed as flawless as they did with each record. Every record was still 100% Starting Line but loved seeing them incorporate new influences each record. I was at the LA show and it was honestly one of the best sets I've seen. They sounded so fucking good. Would absolutely love another record from them or at least an EP.

I think for a band of their size - its really cool to see them play a few shows each year to keep it going - would love to see them figure out how to release some new music every year or so as well. Especially if Kenny brought some more Vacationer vibes to the band.

parkerxcore and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Agree with all of that. That last EP was so good, it got me itching for a full length record but I’m definitely not expecting that and definitely don’t feel entitled to it. Haha.

Kenny is just such a likable guy. I love just listening to him talk about music because he doesn’t talk about it with any sort of “fluff”. He just genuinely likes making/listening to music and doesn’t get wrapped up in trying to spin it to be something pretentious.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Listening to the Anyways EP right now by coincidence and wow... still an incredible set of songs.

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I loved throwing so much of the kitchen sink at the songs on BOATS hahh, too bad. But I'm excited for whatever they do! Always enjoyed everything they released for sure.

mattylikesfilms and zachmacD like this.
  12. zachmacD

Trusted

Always excited for new TSL. I'm hoping to see them later on this year when they play at Franklin Music Hall.

It also looks like Vacationer just got picked up by a new label so hopefully new music will be coming out from them sooner than later.

Bartek T. likes this.
  13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I vividly remember hearing Bedroom Talk on the Drive-Thru 2005 sampler, and immediately despising it (for its lyrics). It took a while before I actually gave TSL a chance and found myself otherwise enjoying a lot of that album. I had to look up the tracklisting, but the Home Grown song Cross My Heart on that sampler also really put me off. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back in saying that, it actually just makes me reflect on how inconsistent I was with reacting to problematic lyrics back then (e.g. I was really into Senses Fail).

14. DeRRek

Trusted

Hope to see these guys live some day!

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That clip he posted in that announcement sounded soooo good. I can’t wait.

zachmacD likes this.
  16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Where can I find that clip and the announcement? ;D

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Think he’s talking about this:

zachmacD and Bartek T. like this.
  18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Sounds good ;D like an old tape

mattylikesfilms and zachmacD like this.
  19. zachmacD

Trusted

Definitely stoked for some new Vacationer. Love the vibe and upbeat lyrics. They may have been my favorite show last year

Bartek T. and mattylikesfilms like this.