Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Number Twelve Looks Like You Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Number Twelve Looks Like You will release their new album, Wild Gods, on September 20th. Today they’ve shared the new song “Ruin The Smile” and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Gallery of Thrills
    2. Last Laughter
    3. Ruin the Smile
    4. Ease My Siamese
    5. Sword Swallower
    6. Raised and Erased
    7. Tombo’s Wound
    8. Of Fear
    9. Interspecies
    10. Rise Up Mountain

2. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

And the new song rips, so good

3. AllenRicketts

Regular

This sounds extremely dated and the lyrics are super cringey. I was never a giant fan but my memories of them from back in the day did not lead me to expect something so bland.

disambigujason likes this.
  4. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I thought I had good recollection of all the bands I'd listen to in high school but damn I hadn't thought about these guys once for at least a decade. Good on them for keeping on keeping on I guess.

5. skoopy

Regular

It's not bad but it's a bit clean sounding. Seems to water down some of the viciousness that I remember them so fondly for.

mrenkens007 likes this.
  6. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

Definitely dig the back half of the new song, but it's the new approach on the front half that had me wondering if the same band members who wrote Mongrel are the ones here. Anyone know that stuff?

7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Am I imagining this, or did some members play in United Nations for a time? I had that idea in my head but in doing a google search right now and comparing membership I don't see any name overlap - despite the obvious Eyeball Records link.

8. All Systems Goku

This is SO good. NJ Represent!!!!

9. helloiamzach

Regular

It's a four-piece now as opposed to the five-piece it was before they split in 2010, and they've gone down to one vocalist instead of two. The only two members that returned post-split are vocalist Jesse Korman and guitarist Alexis Pareja.

I believe the two new members are both in another band called Black Table.

10. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

Ah, okay. Thanks for the heads-up!