Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Liner Notes (July 15th, 2019)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Well, this one ended up being quite long.

In this week’s newsletter, I share some thoughts on new music from Frank Turner, Shura, Good Riddance, Sum 41, and quite a bit more. I share a love letter to Stranger Things and go through the rest of my media diet from the past week. There’s a playlist of ten songs I loved, some thoughts about Lil Wayne and Blink-182 and the drama of last night, and some random thoughts about what I worked on (and failed at) on the website this week. Plus, I share a couple of iPhone wallpapers I like. This week’s supporter Q&A post can be found here.

If you’d...

This article is available exclusively to supporters of our website. Join now for as little as $3 per month and get access to exclusive content and a variety of perks. Plus, you'll be helping an independent publisher. Learn more here.

BoldType likes this.
  2. momo32t

Trusted

Glad you liked GoodBeerHunting. Really one of my favorites out there.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. theredline

Trusted Supporter

@Jason Tate So funny. That’s the same Stranger Things wallpaper I have!

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. scottlechowicz and theredline like this.
  5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Random but how did you and Hannah meet, Jason? Totally get if you don’t want to share that! But I’m a sucker for this kind of stuff and the story with the engagement photos has me intrigued. They look wonderful btw!

6. ARo24

Regular

Man, Stranger Things was so good.

7. CampfireColorado

Regular

I hate cake too. My wife let us go potluck style and all our family made their best desert. Nothing better then ending the night with moms apple pie rather than some lame cake!

8. Not sure if I ever wrote it anywhere. We met at a local pub/restaurant. She was having dinner with a friend and I was out grabbing a beer and looking for a pool table to play some pool with another friend. Asked her how long a group was on the table near them to break the ice and we hit it off.

9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

@Jason Tate which season of Slasher did you check out? Season 1/The Executioner is the one that seems most plausible and the least ridiculous to me.

10. That one.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Jason, I was up in PDX/Vancouver (WA) for 4th of July Weekend and my friends and I ate/hung out at Blue Moon Tavern. Actually my second time as I went there during my first trip to Portland. I love that place, yet I didn’t have the same luck as you haha

Jason Tate and tyramail like this.
  12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

The only series that I think has captured the sense of mystery and wonder of Stranger Things is Dark. Which admittedly is definitely darker, and doesn't have the humour or whimsy of ST, but I think it shares some of the same influences and makes for really compelling television.

Congratulations on the amazing engagement photos. Sounds like you had an incredibly meaningful and well-thought concept for the photo shoot - which is very cool and sets it apart from most.

13. Hahaha! That's really funny. Glad you had a good time though.

johnnyferris likes this.