Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Underoath – “Loneliness”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Underoath have shared the new song “Loneliness” from the band’s upcoming deluxe edition of Erase Me. Pre-orders are now up and the full press release can be found below.

Underoath have released the song “Loneliness,” which is now available across all streaming platforms.
    The track will appear on the forthcoming deluxe edition of Erase Me, out August 2 via Fearless Records. The deluxe version will feature the original album and includes the additional track “Another Life,” acoustic versions of “Wake Me” and their cover of Nirvana’s “Heart Shaped Box,” and a 3TEETH remix of the Grammy-nominated track “On My Teeth.”

Underoath released Erase Me, their first album in eight years, via Fearless Records in 2018. The band notched a Grammy nomination in the Best Metal Performance category for “On My Teeth” and spent most of the year on the road in support of the album — playing countless sold-out headline shows and headlining their first-ever arena show in their Tampa hometown. Ultimately,60;Erase Me represents a watershed moment for the gold-selling heavy music luminaries whose inescapable influence can be felt in nearly every corner of hard rock. The album crashed the Billboard Top Hard Rock Albums Chart at #1. It sees the band refine its trend-setting but inimitable style with heavy intensity and hypnotic hooks coursing through songs, like the aforementioned “On My Teeth,” “Rapture,” “Wake Me,” and the Top 15 active rock single “ihateit,” which have cumulatively tallied over 20 million streams in a few months’ time.

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

In for heart shaped box

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Somewhat more memorable than most of the stuff on the album.

4. VCargo08

These boyband choruses, ugh. The beginning was so promising, too.

5. Rawrz

Regular

Hope its not as bad as the rest of the album was

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Seems like more of a “pre-save” vs. a “pre-order” unless I missed something...

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That song has been out fur over a year. Pretty sure it was included with Targets deluxe edition.

macbethfan and Davjs like this.
  8. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

The intro/build-in sounds almost identical to Returning Empty Handed lol

Helloelloallo and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  9. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Hard to believe their previous album was Disambiguation, damn. Hope they're doing well at least

VCargo08 likes this.
  10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Blah

11. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Heart Shaped Box was amazing love. Can’t wait for that.

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

im flabbergasted that they chose to do wake me acoustic but perhaps it’ll make it better.
    That said, album is great.

DesolateEarth likes this.
  13. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

That’s why I’m hoping is that maybe the acoustic is better. It’s the only track I sometimes skip when I listen to Erase Me.

disambigujason likes this.
  14. ParkwayTom

Forgive me, Nashville

The same thing they did when they put up pre-orders for the album. "Let's release the song that sounds the most like us as the first single, that way we can trick our old fans into pre-ordering." Gotta wonder how well their first week sales would have looked if they'd made ihateit the first single.

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

ive been thinking, why put wake me on the record at all if its not gonna be a single?

16. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I'm not sure I'm following; do you mean that an album's title track is supposed to become a single at some point?

17. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

My interpretation of his post is that it sounded (to him) like single bait and they wouldn't have wanted it on the album if it weren't for it to be used for radio play. But I probably should speak for him.

18. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Song should have been on the album. The album is great, but this would have made it even better.
    I think it's weird that they're introducing this as if it's a new song or an unreleased song - considering it was released already, but I guess it's cool to finally have it on streaming services at least. I wish they did have some sort of unreleased stuff to add in here other than a cover and some acoustic renditions. I'm also really not interested in buying another copy of this album considering I already have enough copies of it.

19. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I know deluxe re-releases used to be commonplace, but in the era of reduced CD sales, I didn't realize this was still a thing.

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

hmm, i think you misread my post? im referring to wake me, not ihateit (which was mentioned in the post above mine so i guess mine could've looked like a reply to it)

that is indeed what i meant!

i think i remember reading that spencer said target and/or the label didn't tell them they would be releasing it, so maybe in their eyes its more legit this way.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  21. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

Still sounds like Linkin Park

VCargo08 likes this.