Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Wayne Cuts Set Short, May Be Leaving Blink-182 Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. ARo24

Regular

If All Time Low jumps on I might actually go now.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  3. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Hahahahahaha "Crowd isnt for him." No shit.

4. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm all for trying a unique tour lineup (for example, Wiz Khalifa & Fall Out Boy in 2015 ended up being one of my favorite tours, even though I hated it when it was announced), but this combination truly puzzled me and I was never excited about it. I briefly reconsidered going when they changed it to an Enema 10 Year thing, but I'm still on the fence. Definitely was considering the Columbus show due to ATL and no Lil Wayne.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. RoKKeR

The Fly

Need to check the tour route/schedule because it might actually be worth going now.

Oh damn they're in my city in a few weeks! Hmmmmm

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

well duh

7. He's been getting good reviews from people that attended the shows so far, most saying the crowd's been really into him. This is super weird. Haven't seen anything like it in a while.

SuNDaYSTaR and Turkeylegz like this.
  8. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Agree with every word of this

9. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Bands I don't like open for bands I do like all the time. The only thing it affects is what time I show up, not whether or not I'll buy a ticket.

10. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

This is definitely bizarre, though. I don't want to speculate, but I do wonder if there's something personal going on with Wayne. Didn't they have to swap set times for one of the previous shows? In any case, it sucks to STILL see people on this site talk about how they didn't want to go because of Lil Wayne. Don't get that at all.

11. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Big loss for the tour if he leaves. Wayne is a legend.

tdlyon, Kingjohn_654 and jorbjorb like this.
  12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Perhaps he was having an off day and just couldn’t keep it to himself.

Peachfuzz likes this.
  13. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Not surprised at all, Wayne is very bi-polar. I’ve met him a few times here in NOLA and his mood swings are crazyyyyy...

14. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

I mean it's a weird tour lineup but I saw Every Time I Die, Machine Gun Kelly, and Fall Out Boy together and had a blast. Not huge on Lil Wayne, but it definitely would not have been enough to stop me from going to this if I hadn't just seen Blink at Warped. Hopefully this was just an off night and he'll get back in the swing of things.

15. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This is my sentiment exactly. Neck Deep + All Time Low + blink-182 is a show I'll see. Lil Wayne is someone I just don't even want to deal with. The only songs he has that I like are collabs, and the little bit of his newer stuff I've heard is absolute garbage.

16. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Replacing him with All Time Low would be an upgrade stylistically for this tour.

17. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

awkberg-snl.gif

chewbacca110 and MatthewLowry like this.
  18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If ATL replaced him I would go, but Blink should try to talk Wayne into staying.

19. Y’all know All Time Low can’t just replace Wayne at these venue sizes right? They’re no where near big enough.

Jonathan, BG9352, ethansawyer and 5 others like this.
  20. Good Ole Danny P

I saw this show in Holmdel on Tuesday night and was shocked how into him the crowd was in the lower bowl. At least 1/3 of the people knew his songs and were big time in.

Colby Searcy and Jason Tate like this.
  21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

In 2017, All Time Low played a 5,000 capacity venue in Chicago. They are definitely nowhere near as big to join this tour, unless they replaced Neck Deep.

22. aniafc

Trusted

my thoughts are that something else caused this.

are the shows selling well? i could see him dropping if that’s the case.

but i can’t see him dropping just because it’s “not his crowd.” because either 1) he knew this going in or 2) the crowd has been receptive to him
    so that’s not an issue.

hopefully he’s just having an off night and nothing serious going on personally.

23. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I'd go if ATL just played Lil Wayne covers for their entire set

Analog Drummer and Jason Tolpin like this.
  24. BradBradley

Regular

I’d go if Lil Wayne decided to stay on the tour, but just played ATL covers for his entire set.

lostawholeyear and Jason Tolpin like this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really hope he was just upset tonight and he's not actually dropping off, I was just as excited to see him as Blink

I like ATL but lol at the suggestion that they're anywhere near Wayne's level

Kingjohn_654 likes this.