Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 Still Working on New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The 1975 will be releasing new music before Reading, according to their manager:

“The record is coming together. We’ve had this recording studio tour bus on the American tour which has been great for productivity…The boys have been constantly working. I can’t say exactly when it will come, there are a few elements coming together, but we will be releasing music before Reading.”

He continued: “It feels like it will be a long record. Will it be a double album? I don’t know what that means any more, it’s definitely going to a long album but I can’t possibly commit to whether it will be a double album or not. That’s a decision that happens when everything is almost completed.

2. Excited. Honestly The 1975 have released so much good music that there's no part of me that's worried about this album.

3. heymattrick

Sending my love

And nobody is surprised the record isn’t done yet.

Also, shut up Jamie.

4. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Came here to say this more or less hahaha

I'm sure fans appreciate this transparency (even though he seems to speculate as much as they do instead of confirming anything), but it does detract from the focussed, considered rollouts this band usually has

heymattrick likes this.
  5. DearCory

Regular

I'm glad there's a longer gap than originally planned. ABIIOR has held up so well that I'm not even craving more new music, though I'll gladly take it

heymattrick, Omni and jorbjorb like this.
  6. zachmacD

Trusted

yeah, I mean I haven't even gotten to see the tour for ABIIOR yet so I'm good on new music

Have they said whether or not they are waiting for the album to be released to tour again in the states? They skipped Philadelphia on their last tour so I'm itching to see the new songs live. Whenever they do tour again, they should tour with LANY or the Band Camino. That would be incredible and an awesome opportunity for all parties