Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Valencia Share Two New Songs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Always down for new Valencia.

3. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I can't listen for another two hours or so.

Someone please tell me these are amazing, I'd love a Valencia comeback.

4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

They're a little different, but they're enjoyable. I wouldn't go so far as to say amazing though. Maybe that's just me.

Still super excited for (hopefully) a new full-length from them. Plus, I really, really want to see them live.

5. gaaaasp!

6. daldalian

I did get to listen, and I'm with your assessment. Glad they exist, but not quite hitting the spot as much as I hoped. It breaks my heart that they put out three amazing albums but (in my opinion) none of Shane's work since then has been on the same level.

Here's hoping they keep going though, easily a top 10 band of that era for me.

CyberInferno and Brent like this.
  7. "California" is so damn good.

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Completely forgettable. I'll just live in the past. Works with JEW and MCS's work, too.

9. ben mears

Way back max bemis gave out his screen name on AOL. I messaged him and his response was “check out this awesome band called Valencia.” That’s all he said.

I never could get into them, but I will always remember them as the band max personally recommended to me.

Brent likes this.
  10. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Is there more work outside Valencia or more than just "Fall Before I Fold" and these songs (I'm not counting "Pieces" since that was a b-side/bonus track).

11. daldalian

Shane has a (solo?) project called Promise of Redemption that put out a fantastic album in 2007 and then a very different one in 2016. It's all on Spotify, not sure about other services.

He also put out an EP with Will Noon (and someone else I can't recall) called Shane Henderson and the Future Perfect in 2013.