Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen Announces New Album; Streams New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Noah Gundersen will release his new album, Lover, on August 23rd. Today he’s shared the new song “Robin Williams” and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Robin Williams
    2. Crystal Creek
    3. Lover
    4. Watermelon
    5. Lose You
    6. Out Of Time
    7. Audrey Hepburn
    8. Older
    9. Wild Horses
    10. So What
    11. Little Cup
    12. All My Friends
    13. Kamikaze

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Interesting album title and release date.

3. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

New song does absolutely nothing for me. That being said - excited/happy this is coming

CMilliken likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

I fucking love this song; his best in quite a while.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Haha maybe i need more time with it... i started it, it ended, and nothing really grabbed me

6. CMilliken

Trusted

Definitely like this more than most of his last album. I should go back and visit his stuff this weekend. It’s been a bit. I just remember his last one was really hard for me to get into. May have given up too early? Don’t know.

7. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Wow. This is just really great. Sounds like a culmination of his entire careers work summed up in 3 minutes. Taking every great part production wise, melody, and those lyrics. Sheesh. August can't come soon enough. I have a feeling this is going to shape up to be a career defining record.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. tape_deck_heart

Did not like his last album at all, however loving this song/his return to form. Pre-ordered the vinyl!

9. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

When you guys say you didn't like the last album do you mean White Noise or White Noise b-sides? cause I like the b-sides a lot more than the regular release. As for this song, I like it a lot on first listen, not in the mood to have it on repeat, but I'm sure I will at some point soon.

10. surgerone

Regular Supporter

Holy shit, this is intense. The music sounds like it could be from pre-Ledges days; the psychedelic sounds and lyrics can only be post-White Noise.

Mrplum5089 and coleslawed like this.
  11. tape_deck_heart

Personally I meant White Noise, I wasn't aware there were b-sides honestly.

12. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Definitely check it out, opening song is one of my favorites he's ever written

13. tape_deck_heart

Thanks for the heads up! Will check it out later.

14. ineverlose

Seriously, this guy is one of the most talented people making music right now. New song is incredible, in my opinion.

...And am I the only person who absolutely loved White Noise?? I can't be alone, can I?

15. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I'm getting chills listening to this, absolutely stunning song.

Noah Gundersen has to be one of my favourite songwriters.

16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

White Noise is a good record that I never quite came to love. The two that came before it, though, are right up there with the best stuff that's come out this decade. Psyched for this.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

It took me awhile to come around to White Noise but I think I love it now

18. Craig Manning

I love about half of it. But there are too many tracks on there that just don’t do it for me. It’s a little long and indulgent for my tastes, and I think it meanders around its theme where Carry the Ghost really nailed what it was going for.

19. surgerone

Regular Supporter

That’s interesting - I get what you mean about it being indulgent (Cocaine Sex and Alcohol is an obvious example), but I actually feel like White Noise nailed its theme whereas Carry the Ghost felt like a bit of an identity crisis, like Noah was still half holding on to his singer songwriter/Dylan-esque roots but trying to explore. (I love both albums, either way.)

20. Craig Manning

I think the exploration on Carry the Ghost works a lot better, because it's rooted somewhere instead of every track being an entirely different thing. White Noise is kind of a mess, just because there's no consistency for what it's going for sonically. But I was mostly talking about lyrical work. I think Ghost said some very interesting stuff about faith and spirituality and Noah losing those things as he got older, whereas White Noise was more abstract about the disconnection of the modern era and social media and stuff. I still thought some of that was interesting, but it was a tougher hang.

(I also think "Cocaine Sex and Alcohol" is a capital-B Bad song, which he hadn't had before that.)