Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Generational Divide” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I absolutely want more of this style from Blink.

Acedia, Dan O'Neill, Uknown76 and 4 others like this.
  3. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Cool song. I would have loved to have heard a longer song in this style from them.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Way too short but it's much better than Blame It On My Youth.

5. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Great tune, too short and (generally I’m not one to notice or complain about production but...) Skiba seems to loud/up front in the mix...what up wit dat?

Raku and ramomcferno like this.
  6. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I like it, wish it were a little longer, but also would be great to hear more songs in this style.

7. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Sounds similar to something mark might have done with plus 44.

AllenRicketts likes this.
  8. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Yeah, it's cool but way too short. I don't really get why they would choose this as a hype for the album instead of another full length tune.

9. Orla Jun 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2019)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

“Built This Pool” was the second track released from California if I remember correctly, so I suppose even for Blink it’s not a new thing to do.

Dan O'Neill and falafelmywaffle like this.
  10. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Saw them play it last night at the friends and family ‘secret show’ and it sounded great! So short though.

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love the urgency behind this song. It must’ve taken some inspiration to pump this out. Even if it probably took 3 minutes to write, there’s some inspiration behind it and it really shows in 49 seconds. For me, that’s when this band is at their best.

12. VivaLaPopPunk Jun 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2019)
    VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

They chose this one most likely as a response from the poor reaction to "Blame It On My Youth" I'm also guessing due to the short length of the song.. They didn't already have this written and wrote it quick after BIOMY.

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Surprise. Awesome

14. Orville

You know, ive been asking all my friends the same question, and I was surprised that no one really seemed to agree, i find it very up front.

15. Heron182

Regular

Skiba’s vocals sound poorly mixed. It’s a great fast song but he’s too loud in the mix

bradsonemanband and Raku like this.
  16. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Oh it is. Like I said I generally don’t notice little things that most people do but when his vox came in I was like “woooooah, why?!?!” Hopefully they tweak that before release!

Raku likes this.
  17. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

That was the biggest complaint on the blink-182 subreddit. A lot of people also listen to streaming services or other things with volume normalization enabled either in the app or in their headphones. I just looked, and my spotify has it enabled by default. It's definitely more dramatic with it turned off.

I think it's more because Mark's voice is supposed to be in the background, but that's what the song starts with. Maybe that's just me.

somethingliketj likes this.