Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 – “Never There”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

huge song

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I liked their version of “short skirt / long jacket” better

Raku and JRGComedy like this.
  4. Jackbo487

Regular

it's weird given Deryck's history but the chorus of this one (specifically "and SO the story goes") reminds me of Avril Lavigne's "Complicated" ...

LightsOut likes this.
  5. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I get Jet vibes from the intro...

6. pbueddi

Trusted

This is like a better version of Dear Father off of Underclass Hero (not that Dear Father is bad or anything).

7. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Hell yeah, quality track.

8. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

9. TDenverFan

Regular

Nice switch up from the previous single

10. heymcfly_

Does anyone else think there’s WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much auto tune on these new songs?

11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Fuck yeah this album is gonna be killer

12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Damn. Now that's a powerful song. Haven't really been feeling any of the new tracks, but I like this one.
    I don't feel it as much on this one, but definitely the other songs that have been released. His voice sounds like someone compressed an MP3 about 3x.

13. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Every time I hear that song I can't help but sing "girl with a short skirt and a looooooonnnnnnnggggggg........... DICK!!"

Dunno why but just the thought of it makes me laugh.

14. They seem to be trying pretty hard to make the album I wanted after Chuck. It's just ten years too late for me.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I feel like they're just missing the mark on what made Chuck great. There was a nice blend of heavy along with punk. This just feels like forced heavy. I can still listen to that Chuck and enjoy it (I tried after the second new track was released to check). But I don't enjoy these tracks aside from "Never There" which has a different sound.

I don't know if you like ska, but it's like when Reel Big Fish tried to say that "Drinkin" was the spiritual successor to "Beer". It's like they couldn't grasp what made "Beer" such a good song. References to alcohol are about the only thing the two songs had in common.

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  16. pbueddi

Trusted

Doesn't feel forced to me at all :-/