Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Simple Creatures – “Special”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Simple Creatures have released the new song “Special.”

(June 13, 2019) – Los Angeles, CA – Simple Creatures, comprised of long-time friends Mark Hoppus (blink-182) and Alex Gaskarth (All Time Low), release a new track, “Special” today. The first offering from EP2 (due out later this year) is available to download via the following link: https://simplecreatures.lnk.to/SpecialPR and was produced by Zakk Cervini.
    The band will make their highly anticipated festival debut this Saturday, headlining the “Avalanche” stage at Download Festival in the U.K. after playing a few intimate club shows earlier this year in a few select cities across the U.S. and in London.

Mark and Alex released their debut EP, “Strange Love” in March. You can listen to the EP via the following link: https://SimpleCreatures.lnk.to/StrangeLovePR

Simple Creatures evolved from a long-standing friendship and a musical kinship. Hoppus and Gaskarth took a beat from their individual bands to have some fun in the studio, and came away with a new band with a new sound.

“On paper, this collaboration between two of pop-punk’s most recognizable and commercially powerful songwriters should have proved entirely predictable – a crush of pit-friendly anthems and surging riffola. Except their latest out is anything but. The first single, ‘Drug’… an explosive rush of heavy-hearted pop that clatters and crackles with programmed drum breaks, scuzzy guitars and skittering melodies, with both singers sharing vocal duties,’ wrote Kerrang.

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Fun but nothing special

Kuri44 and moore182 like this.
  3. laraheart and bmir14 like this.
  4. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

This is honestly exactly what I wanted this project to sound like. Nothing on the first EP caught me quite like this song. Keep 'em coming boys!

laraheart likes this.
  5. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I didnt care for this one. My wife said it sounds like Lorde.

44DeLonge and russvanderhoof like this.
  6. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

I couldn't get into that EP if my life depended on it. Same goes for this song to, unfortunately.

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

bleh