Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner Didn’t Clear The Armed’s Use of His Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Frank Turner has responded to the new song from The Armed saying he did not clear the use of his music:

I can see a connect because I demo’d that song with Kurt Ballou once upon a time. Don’t really care about the obvious provocateur stuff (pretty funny really, including pic of @frankcarter23) but not very stoked about recordings getting used like that.

The band responded to Stereogum:

In a statement to Stereogum the Armed respond, “It saddens us to hear that he’s upset about the song. We’ve been big fans of Gallows for a long time.” (Frank Turner wasn’t in Gallows; Frank Carter was.)

2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

What a ridiculous mistake to make in your public comment (that wasn't even an apology).

3. BradBradley

Regular

Maybe I’m misreading it, but I kind of interpreted that as a dig at Frank Turner as opposed to actually making a mistake.

AllenRicketts, Tom Lee and Jake W like this.
  4. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Definitely believe it was intentional.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  5. Dan

That's this band's shtick. They create controversy like this to manufacture a reputation of being "REAL PUNK". They and their fans don't believe Frank fits that definition, which is laughable.

6. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Did you really just create this account yesterday to do nothing but complain about this "controversy"?

flask and smowashere like this.
  7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Man I was JUST thinking about Frank Turner this morning for some reason. Haven't given him a listen in like 5 years. Listening to The Armed now.

8. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Man this fucking clown again. What's laughable is you having to argue about 'being punk' like that isn't something try-hard children and bitter oldheads do.

Jake W likes this.
  9. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Dude is sadder thank Frank's music is.

Jake W likes this.
  10. Dan

I’m not arguing over the true definition of punk. That’s fucking lame and really idgaf if someone thinks Frank Turner qualifies or not. But talking about try hards and such, you’re describing The Armed to the tee. They should focus more on their music and less on their marketing. Have a great weekend ✌

11. flask

Trusted Supporter

Dan is Frank Turner

Jake W likes this.
  12. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Honestly wouldn't even be surprised...

Tom Lee and Jake W like this.