Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 23, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. monkeytarget

This does not look very good

Guilherme Brandao likes this.
  3. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

Looks like every other bad Terminator sequel.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’m excited for this.

Salvation was awesome. Wish that would’ve lasted.

Bayside 182 and Davjs like this.
  5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

are all the terminators connected? i feel like ive missed a few..and didnt watch the show... does that matter?

6. Davjs

Trusted

Right!?!

This takes place after 2 and recons the rest, so you only need to have seen 1 and 2.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

So they scrapped anything that happened in 3...the one with bale.. and I guess there was another one too?

8. Davjs

Trusted

Correct, except minus 4 (the one with Bale). That one could still happen since it's completely in the future, but it could also not happen and wouldn't effect the story at all.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Terminator and Terminator 2 were a great story. It’s hard for sequels to be better than the originals, but T2 was.

The first movie was dark. The second movie was able to find more of a balance with some injected humour between John and the Terminator.

All the following movies seem like they are people’s attempts to make T2. The problem is, they can’t capture the charm of the man/machine bond of T2. Also, the stakes don’t feel the same.

T4 at least took a different direction to try.

I feel like for the most part, they lost what the foundation of the story was about....survival. I watched the new trailer and was wondering why I should care. If it weren’t for Arnold, Linda and some familiar character names, would this just be a new story all together?

10. Yeeeeaaaah.... I think I'll pass

11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Everything looked like a decent rehash until the fucking planes came in. Why does every fucking movie need to have a fight scene in the sky? Stay the fuck on the ground for the love of all things holy. It's a cyborg that melts into knives and shit - if that's not cool enough for you, stay home lol

zachmacD and Davjs like this.
  12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

So many action movies try to be a Mission Impossible/James Bond stunt show.

Write a good script and the action can take place in a mall or police station.

zachmacD and Jusscali like this.