Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon Writing New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 16, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Very excited about this.

.K. likes this.
  3. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

So excited to see where he takes this next album. I revisited both solo albums a lot over the last 2 weeks and I fell back in love with them all over again.

Essie and Brother Beck like this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Always excited to see news of new Brian Fallon music.

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Probably the artist l listen to most between his solo albums, Gaslight Anthem and Horrible Crowe’s.

I think Brian’s done an amazing job creating ‘his sound’ throughout his career. Also, it never feels like his best work is behind him. Each album just adds another block of songs to the music library.

6. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

God cant wait. Would like sleepwalkers part II. More horns.......

7. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Sleepwalkers was a grower and now is tied with Handwritten and Elsie for my favorite record in his catalog. The last four songs are goddamn perfect pieces of music.

8. delvec19

Trusted

Best songwriter going today!

9. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

6 if you count Little Nightmares and the title track, but you’re so right

fredwordsmith and Zip It Chris like this.
  10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s awesome front to back!

11. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

The title track loses me with the big horns at the beginning. It just doesn't feel the same as the rest of the record. If those kicked in around the second chorus or the final one, I would agree. Just my personal take, but it's a good tune.

Little Nightmares is a top 5 song he's ever written though.

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think it puts that “Recorded in New Orleans” imprint on the record, and I really like as something special and different.

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Holy fuck Fallon and Stevenson would be the greatest thing.

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I still think his first call should be to Ted Hutt, but I’ve said this more than once. Considering how unique he’s made each record than Brian and him have worked on together between the projects, I’d say it’s only been an A+ track record.

That said, if Ted’s not available, I’m sure if you had the right producer/personality there would be another amazing record. Brian obviously brings great songs to the table.

Any Stevenson record I’ve listened to has always sounded great. I still associate him with the Fat Wreck Chords band sound.

15. musicfan10

Trusted

If anyone needs his recent poster for shows in nj I have it for face value