Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift Talks With Entertainment Weekly

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 9, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Alex Suskind, writing at Entertainment Weekly:

Then, during the Reputation Tour, she had an epiphany: that despite the caricature that she thought had been created of her, there were many people who saw what others had simply refused to. “I would look out into the audience and I’d see these amazing, thoughtful, caring, wonderful, empathetic people,” she says. “So often with our takedown culture, talking s— about a celebrity is basically the same as talking s— about the new iPhone. So when I go and I meet fans, I see that they actually see me as a flesh-and-blood human being. That — as contrived as it may sound — changed [me] completely, assigning humanity to my life.”

Brent likes this.
  2. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Great article. I’ve been a Taylor supporter for a while and really loved seeing the reputation era come to life the way I did. I felt it was the perfect response to everything that happened to her, and I love seeing the growth and evolution since then. ME! hasn’t been a favorite quite yet, despite Brendon, but I’m still very excited to see what’s to come.

Brent likes this.
  3. Martina May 12, 2019
    (Last edited: May 14, 2019)
    Martina

Regular

There's also this:

"I — along with a lot of my friends and fans — am trying to figure out how to navigate living my life and not just curating what I want people to think living my life is."

I think I just read an entire article on how an artist feels after she meets fans who paid a lot of money to be in the same room as her while she was while singing, and then paid even more to meet her, an article written by an author who describes that and related feelings as an "epiphany" which means "a manifestation of a divine or supernatural being" or "a moment of sudden revelation or insight" in addition to the well-known religious meaning.

I'm happy she's happy with her reflection, but I'm not surprised she's happy with her reflection either.

In other words: https://www.google.com/search?q=don't+believe+your+own+press

itsallabouttheg and Brent like this.