Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 Talk With Kerrang

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sum 41 talked with Kerrang about their new album:

Lyrically, this is a weird record for me. I never know in advance what I’m going to write about – it’s a case of getting those first couple of lines out, and then I get the gist of where I’m going with it. I have a very stream-of-consciousness way of doing things. With this album, though, I didn’t want to go down the path that my subconscious was leading me, and I tried to fight it. I was reluctant to make a sociopolitical album, but it’s really hard to ignore everything that’s going on in the world – you can’t not have an opinion on things. I was trying to stop myself from writing anything that sounded politically ‘of the times’, but every time I tried to change the lyrics it all stopped making sense.

2. pbueddi

Trusted

Always like hearing Deryck's thought process behind the music. Can't wait for the album!

3. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Sounding quite energised there. Actually debating pre-ordering this on vinyl but I have minimal monies..

pbueddi likes this.
  4. pbueddi

Trusted

Amazon finally has their pre order up. $18.99 with free prime shipping is the cheapest I have seen out of all the places selling it.