Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 6, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Raku likes this.
  2. Jonathan May 6, 2019
    (Last edited: May 6, 2019)
    Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Multiverse!

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

looks fun!

Raku likes this.
  4. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

HUUUUUUUUGE Endgame spoilers in this, just an FYI.

That being said, holy crap MULTIVERSE!

SEANoftheDEAD, Raku and Jonathan like this.
  5. I'm in no way shape or form done grieving and based on this trailer will spend the first part of this film sobbing again but this next phase of the MCU is gonna be wild

Raku likes this.
  6. (Please don’t do it Marvel.)

(He’s lying.)

7. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Raku likes this.
  8. Tim likes this.
  9. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Absolutely fair opinion. Personally, aside from a handful of missteps, I think Feige and Disney have done a good job so far. I'm reserving judgements until I see the film, I'm more excited to just see what's next.

Raku likes this.
  10. As long as there's no Age of Ultron-esque "there's absolutely no way this established character would do that" style lazy writing I'll be happy. Holland is a great Spidey in my humblest of eyes whether he's regular old Spidey or a more metallic one.

Raku likes this.
  11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

In all fairness, in a vacuum, I do generally dig what multiverses allow in superhero storytelling. Into the Spider-Verse absolutely ruled, & while the multiverse totally isn't why it did, that component was still a pro, not a con.

But, since it's Mysterio, he's definitely lying. And, most of the talk around how people think about the multiverse within the MCU... is already exhausting as hell to me, tbh.

12. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

As far as the multiverse goes, I was just giddy to hear it mentioned, I don't necessarily need it explored, but I agree – everything this dude is saying is potentially a lie.

13. Maverick

Trusted

Nice, I wasn’t that excited about the movie but now I am.

Raku likes this.
  14. CMilliken

Trusted

Stoked for this. Just crazy how End Game just came out and now Spider-Man is now being so soon after. I get it has a summer release date just seems a little quick.

SEANoftheDEAD and Raku like this.
  15. bestofmoss

Regular

spider-man rules

Raku likes this.
  16. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Multiverse in the MCU would be awesome don’t care what anyone says

Raku likes this.
  17. Raku

Regular

At least with multiverse it will help with crossing over with X-Men in the future, or something similar.

18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah, I thought we'd all be left to decompress a little bit after Endgame. (I'm glad we don't get that time).

Can't help but think the July release is to try and reel in some of the casual fans who saw Endgame and enjoyed it enough to go see Spider-man.

19. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I also think that Disney (and Sony, since it's technically their film) wants to stay as far away from Star Wars episode 9 as possible... so a summer release makes the most sense.

CMilliken likes this.
  20. CMilliken

Trusted

Didn’t even think about this.