Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182’s ‘Enema of the State’ Performance at “Back to the Beach”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Brent likes this.
  2. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

It was awesoooome.

3. Stevie

Regular

Anthem is in my opinion the best Blink song.. I enjoyed watching it considering there’s barely any videos of them playing it live. Sure there was Synth in there somewhere though?

4. 44DeLonge

sounds awful!! good old songs destroyed by matt skiba...thanks!

john343 and Bayside 182 like this.
  5. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Im a huge fan of both Skiba (for Alkaline) and Tom, but I had to stop watching this after Dumpweed. I realize they are playing the entire album so have to play this song but he just doesn't do justice to the Tom fronted songs.

44DeLonge and john343 like this.
  6. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This iteration of Blink was cute for a second but seriously where the fuck is Tom

7. I literally can’t tell if these comments are sarcastic or not. Back to the blink thread!

8. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Seriously...Blink sounded awesome this weekend!

9. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Everyone is so jaded these days be happy for once. Great concert glad I got to be there for it.

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

that backdrop is amazing.

11. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Why do Tom Delonge fanboys and Trump Supporters write the exact same way?

12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Seems like a silly rhetorical question at this point. Tom wants to do 27 other things right now, as he has the right to, so if you don't want to listen to Tom-less Blink, you still have 23 years of Blink music, video and memories to indulge in.

13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

You guys remember how fucking awful Tom was live, right? Tell me this version is better aside from the chorus...(btw, this is literally the first search result for "blink 182 dumpweed live"—I didn't cherry pick it).

14. Now hold on a minute...

15. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I've never thought blink was a great live band regardless of the lineup. This is pretty bad as well

16. 44DeLonge

funny. search for some live videos with matt skiba...it's definitely moreee awful than any live show with tom...or go out and see them live at a concert believe me. blink 182 sounds better with tom thats just the truth.

17. I mean come on. I even gave tom the pro-shot benefit of the doubt. Let's not say silly things.

hongfong00 and somethingliketj like this.
  18. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Some people like Tom and some like Matt. No one will change their opinion and that's all good. If everyone always liked the same thing, life would be boring. Just don't blame me, I voted for kodos.

19. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

How anyone could watch that video of Tom "singing" an iconic song and prefer it to the one of Matt is beyond me. I loved the Tom-era of the band, but man, I'll 100% take having someone sing his parts that actually sounds like he wants to be there these days.

David Parke likes this.
  20. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

For real, one of my first concerts was Blink 182, Green Day with Saves the Day opening in 2002. I was a huge fan of Blink, moderate fan of Green Day, and unfortunately didn't know Saves The Day before the show. Tom was either drunk or worse or just fucking around the whole show because it absolutely sucked. His vocals were bad, off key, and against the melody but not in a fun "we're so cool" kind of way. I was incredibly bummed out. I had no negative opinions of Tom at the time, had the Mark, Tom and Travis show CD, so I had a decent idea of what it would sound like prior. Mark and Travis both played and sounded great.

Green Day luckily played next and they destroyed that set.

21. 44DeLonge

Shiiit whats wrong with you man?!

22. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

All The Small Things Matt

All The Small Things Tom

Yeah, I'll still take Skiba live over Tom live. Recorded is a different story.

David Parke likes this.