Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beyoncé Releases ‘Lemonade’ on TIDAL

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Wow bae wow

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

HAIL

4. lol tidal

Raku, beachdude42, CMilliken and 2 others like this.
  5. Ooooofffff course.

We'll see how long this exclusive lasts

Raku, beachdude42 and fenway89 like this.
  6. Also, are there any good TIDAL=Illuminati conspiracy theories on YouTube yet?

7. Leaked within like 10 minutes. Damn.

Raku likes this.
  8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  9. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

slower than the last one! progress!

10. What's weird is I woulda bought it if it was on iTunes (or Apple Music). I still have my Tidal subscription thing from Kanye for like a week or something, so nbd. But I think Adele/Taylor showed that certain artists can sell. I think Beyonce is in that category.

11. same here - I ain't subscribing to tidal

Raku likes this.
  12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I agree, but I hope people don't fault the artist. I know Tidal is a punchline and puzzling in a lot of ways in terms of functionality and a billion other things, but at the same time I get it. Wu-Tang, Prince, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, I feel like I can't really fault them for experimenting or being careful about how they release their music even if it can be a little frustrating as a consumer.

13. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Between this and princes catalog tidal is probably gonna have the best week of its entire existence

Nick and ECV like this.
  14. Oh my god the last minute of DON'T HURT YOURSELF

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  15. I don't fault them for experimenting at all. I am excited to pour over the numbers, because my gut tells me they could make more money using a different strategy, so I'm always really curious how it all plays out.

Nathan likes this.
  16. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Not sure why people are surprised she released this on Tidal since she's, like, married to Jay-Z and shit. Gotta imagine she could've made more money by at least also releasing it for purchase only on iTunes even if it wasn't on Apple Music's streaming service.

17. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Totally get why she did it, but in the long term, that model is going to fall apart. You can only rope people in with these exclusives for too long before they start realizing that it'll leak within minutes.

beachdude42 and DearCory like this.
  18. Fucking Dustin

Definitely bought self-titled the second it dropped on iTunes, would've absolutely done the same for this

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

The video companion piece is fire.

DearCory and coleslawed like this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

Just Blaze as a contributor to "Freedom" makes so much sense.

21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

there's an hour long video accompaniment with snippets of the songs on HBOnow, which you can get a free month-long trail of right now.

22. CMilliken

Trusted

I know this isn't the best for the streaming service but I would have had it streaming only on Tdial and then put it up for sale everywhere else.

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is a joke. I know she's married to Jay-Z but there's still no excuse for not also selling it, even if it is streaming exclusively on Tidal. Honestly, I hate that it's come to this because I still buy all my music and find piracy to be the ultimate disrespect to an artist, but I'm glad it leaked within 10 minutes. Just like I'm glad Kanye is getting so much grief for lying about the Tidal exclusivity of The Life of Pablo. This can't keep happening. I'm trying to give these people my money (in the case of Kanye, I did manage to buy the album before he took it down) but I'm not subscribing to a streaming service and having to waste cell phone data just to listen to these songs in my car or anywhere without wi-fi. No deal, not for Kanye and not even for Beyonce.

Raku, carlosonthedrums and SpyKi like this.
  24. DearCory

Regular

It'll be in stores and on iTunes/Apple music probably next week or the week after... don't worry.

25. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

Just out of interest, is anyone here a paid up member of Tidal? I've never met (or heard) of anyone who is. Finding someone would be like seeing an actual Unicorn.