Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift – “ME!” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. James McK

Former emo kid.

Aaand it's already stuck in my head for the next few months. What a tune!

3. All Systems Goku

Man this is awful.

4. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Not my thing but can’t deny they seem to be having a ton of fun and enjoying it. Also it’s crazy to me how his popularity continues to skyrocket.

5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

it's fine. Blank Space, What you made me do are still really the only swift jams i like

6. Joel Gustafson

A glass can only spill what it contains

I don't love it, but I already like it more than most stuff on Reputation.

Also, if you had told me in high school that Brendon from P!ATD would one day be on a Taylor Swift track, I would've laughed at you, but here we are.

7. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

This is not a good song. I was hoping for more after how let down I was by Reputation. Guess we’ll see how the rest of the album pans out

I don’t wanna rain on the parade too much though because it does look like they’re having fun and I’m psyched to see his star keep growing, but just given the amount of talent between the two of them, I thought a better song would’ve come out of it.

8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I don’t hate it but I really expected more, especially with Urie.

All Systems Goku and BEsterley like this.
  9. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Not my favorite Taylor song. The "hey kids, spelling is fun" part is a bit too corny.

I am enjoying the song, however, and the video was fun. I see this getting stuck in my head for sure.

Joel Gustafson and Brent like this.
  10. I'm usually a huge fan of her first singles but this one is not doing it for me. Still, I loved Red, 1989, and Reputation, so I think this one will win me over.

11. MacbethSin

Regular

One and done for me. At least Shake It Off had some kind of authenticity and context to it in regards to her cultural narrative. This is just meaningless background music for an Old Navy commercial

12. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Big bowl of meh for me.

All Systems Goku likes this.
  13. NitrateDawn

Regular

I'm so not a fan of the hyper-self-aware phase Taylor's in

All Systems Goku likes this.
  14. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Where is the children's movie that is suppose to accompany this song?

15. midtown1870

Newbie Supporter

I've heard Pink do this same song 100 times, except with more aerial acrobatics

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Don't really care for it. That said, Taylor's albums usually don't have a good first single and the rest of the album mostly delivers, so no point in writing it off yet

17. DandonTRJ Apr 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2019)
    DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

The song is fun on repeat listens, but her vocal performance is too low-energy and the lyrics are subpar (particularly the verses). The chorus could use a little extra oomph as well. I do like most of the hooks, though. The video is fine, if a bit forced. She’s trying reaaaaaally hard to jettison the Reputation-era image, which is pretty telling of how it worked out for her.

18. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I wish this was Panic At The Disco featuring Taylor instead

kelseyleigh, Analog Drummer and Brent like this.
  19. somethingwitty

Trusted

This sounds like something from a Radio Disney playlist...really hoping we see Taylor have a Ray of Light type album in the future, she has so much talent to be pandering to the pop audience so blatantly.

20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Just played the video for my six year old daughter who seriously love TS and said this is the worst song she's ever sung.

beachdude and palebluedot like this.
  21. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

How does she feel about spelling

22. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I think it's a fun song though. Some cool stuff happening

23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

She loves spelling, not a fan of the song/video.

24. prattsy

Regular

Woof this is a rough listen. I agree with whoever said it should accompany a movie... definitely has that "written for a soundtrack" vibe for sure.
    I also noticed that Panic! Facebook account shared the song as "ME! w/ Taylor Swift" which I think is a little strange

25. LCT Music

Regular Supporter

Was that before or after Taylor Swift featured on a Boys Like Girls song?

JamesMichael, FTank, Brent and 2 others like this.