Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cokie the Clown Streams New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

not so sure about this one...

3. Mikeydude91

yeah this is weird

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't know what the single is, but pressing play on that YouTube link did not please me

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Very weird, but my first impression after the first couple songs is that it’s the kind of weird I like.

And no, not like the single at all, at least through the first three tracks.

.K. likes this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m glad this was made to be a side project. Mike’s a really good story teller, but these stories are messed up. I said it before, but this feels like an outlet for his screwed up childhood, life experiences, and current relationships. It’s an artistic train wreck, and I don’t mean that as an insult. Can I say I like this well having very little desire to listen to some of these songs ever again? Like may be too strong of a word. Points for creativity though.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

No, not really. It’s really quirky, charming and gross.

Punk Rock Saved My Life feels like a transition out of Cokie into a NOFX album if that makes sense.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oh man....this is.....not good. The first EP was awesome, but.....this.....no bueno.

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

yeesh, this is terrible

11. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

This was a disturbing listen. That being said, I thought it was sonically great. It is a good album. I will never listen to it again.

.K., Mikeydude91 and JimmyIymmiJ like this.