Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drummer and Bassist Leave Direct Hit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The drummer and bassist of Direct Hit have quit the band.

NOTICE: DANNY AND STEVE QUIT DIRECT HIT A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. THE TWO OF US LEFT ARE CANCELLING 0 SHOWS AND LEANING ON OUR MUSICALLY-INCLINED BUDDIES TO FILL IN WHILE WE FIGURE OUT A NEW PERMANENT LINEUP. SEE YOU ALL IN CHICAGO WITH THE SMOKING POPES ON MAY 11. WEAR YOUR CLOWN SUIT.

2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

This is a big fucking bummer. Crown of Nothing is a goddamn masterpiece. Hope they can find guys to continue the band.

3. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I mean it doesn't have to be guys does it?

4. CMilliken

Trusted

Brent likes this.
  5. waterloobeam

Regular

Instead of *eyeroll* just say, "oh tru tru, girls and/or non binary peeps can too"... doesn't have to turn into a negative

Jake W and theasteriskera like this.
  6. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Was actually listening to this band yesterday and today, so bummed to hear this. The jump when these two started on Brainless God was huge. They still haven’t hit the highs of that album though, it’s one I go back to often!

7. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Just now hearing this band. Sound like a hybrid of early Sum-41 and EotS blink-182 (at least on the most recent record). I really dig it

8. CMilliken

Trusted

Guess what guys can be a general term. As I left work today I said to the collective group of men and women, “Bye guys!” They all said bye back and no one was offended.

I’m pretty sure fans of the band don’t give two shits what sexual orientation the band gets to fill the spots as long as they continue to make great music.

fredwordsmith likes this.