Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Idol Contestant Performs Blink-182’S “I Miss You”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Did not like that one bit. The first chorus was the only "ok" part of it. That cadence and voice does not flow at all with that song. And I'm normally a fan of unorthodox covers (I'm a big fan of NFG's cover of "This is Me", for example).

3. AMC

Regular

I agree. That was not good.

CyberInferno likes this.
  4. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Man, I wanted to hear the Tom verse so much. It's pretty much ruined for me forever because of that one podcast clip that I can't even remember.

5. itsallabouttheg

I was really expecting this to be good, but it's pretty clear she's not a fan.

6. LightsOut

Regular

What???

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

8. Why? She says on Twitter this song is a “part of” her.

9. 44DeLonge

she sounds sooo much better than matt skiba in I Miss You :)

10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah, I saw this on tv the other night and didn't think it was a good song choice for her.

11. Woohoo!

Regular

Well she said "head" instead of "yead" so clearly she's not much of a fan. Doesn't even know the words..

mjanke and Youarcade like this.
  12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I strongly disagree. Looking purely at live performances, I'd go Skiba > Laci > someone farting > Tom.

Of course, if given the option of the recorded version, I'd take Tom over all.

13. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I'd rather hear Alejandro's take on this song...he's been great so far.

14. itsallabouttheg

I don't follow AI, so I don't know anything about the girl. First off, I didn't like the way that the first verse was chopped (I quietly WTF-ed aloud at my desk) and I don't think that anyone could save that. More generally, the performance came across as an assignment that she was trying to make work. I didn't feel her connection to the words she was singing, and it even seemed like she was a bit bored towards the end, but maybe that's just me projecting. O:-)