Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Disney Announces New Streaming Service

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Peter Kafka, writing at Recode:

Disney+ will launch in the US on November 12, for $7 a month. It will have a very large library of old Disney movies and TV shows — crucially, including titles from its Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars catalog — along with new movies and series made exclusively for the streaming service. It won’t have any ads. And it will allow subscribers to download all of that stuff, and watch it offline, whenever they want.

So much new TV. I’m already looking forward to The Sandlot series.

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Also The Simpsons will be available exclusively on Disney+.

Kingjohn_654, Connor and Essie like this.
  3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is cheaper than I expected

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  4. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

The price is nice yes but it's just another monthly subscription. Most people won't be using this in place of Netflix so it's just taking stuff that used to be available on other services (aside from the new originals) and now charging a separate fee for them. I'm sure the original programming will be good stuff but if you want this, Netflix, Hulu, and a music streaming service, it's close to 50 dollars a month.

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

This is another subscription where I'll use my Dad's account

falafelmywaffle and parkerxcore like this.
  6. I'm interested as to why they're holding so many things off of the platform (why not have all of Marvel...?) but maybe it's just because of their whole "Disney Vault" thing.

7. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I'd be surprised if they don't quickly raise the price after the first year. I'm in regardless.

8. transrebel59

Regular

Why would anybody be excited about The Sandlot lol it's being directed by the same guy who did Ace Ventura Jr and Sandlot 2

Not to mention the guy who played Benny beat a PoC until he wasn't breathing and then had to revive him

9. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I would love it if they went crazy with this and put all their old Disney channel series and original movies on here. I’d pay good money for Even Stevens, So Weird, Famous Jett Jackson and the like to be on a streaming service.

Raku, russvanderhoof and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  10. Spenny

Regular

I'm in for this. Can't wait to rewatch a lot of The Simpsons.

Connor likes this.
  11. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Then for sports fans pile on some subscriptions there. I pay for DAZN, which admittedly in Canada has a crazy number of leagues/sports included, but if it weren't for being able to use my parents' login for our traditional sports networks I'd probably be paying more than cable. Well, no, ultimately I'd choose between the subscriptions.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  12. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I will probably get this for the kids.

And Star Wars.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Hulu is available for free with Spotify Premium, currently, which helps.

Bayside 182 likes this.