Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS Tease New Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Yeah!!!

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I am so ready.

4. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

[​IMG]

me waiting for this album

JamesMichael, Jason Tate and tyramail like this.
  5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Stoked!

6. zachmacD

Trusted

Did this band fall off popularity wise after the last album? I feel like they were getting a lot of press and playing big shows than nothing

7. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

^^^ I was about to ask the same question. I really enjoyed "White Noise," but "All We Know of Heaven" wasn't really for me. I stopped following the band as closely as I had before, but I haven't heard much about them in recent memory. Out of curiosity, can anyone let me know if they're still doing really well?

Brent likes this.
  8. btr

Trusted Supporter

They're playing 1,000+ cap rooms/festivals as of the last album cycle. I think the last record wasn't as much of an instant hit as White Noise, but there's still buzz around them. They work hard and have taken time off as of late which is why you haven't heard much

9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

If I remember correctly AWKOH didn’t do as well as projected at all. They also didn’t seem to tour much after but I’m not positive in that, I just know they didn’t hit my city haha.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  10. giantSRH

Boss Hog Outlaw Prestigious

Lots of big announcements coming... Exciting times.

astereo likes this.
  11. James McK

Former emo kid.

Still spin both albums as if they came out yesterday :clap:

12. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

They toured for a year straight after AWKOH came out, they needed a break. And that album was excellent, it's on regular rotation for me.

13. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Last record is probably one of my favourites ever. Can't really articulate it properly, but something about the way they capture and convey that one specific vibe their music fits into is just incredible.

14. I actually chatted with a friend in the know about this recently and apparently Lynn's voice was having trouble holding up live on the longer tours. Hopefully that's all figured out because yeah, this band should be bigger!