Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Say Anything / mewithoutYou Stream Tour 7″

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Say Anything and mewithoutYou are releasing a limited 7″ while on tour together. Say Anything covered mewithoutYou’s “Torches Together,” but retitled it “Torches Apart.” And mewithoutYou covered Say Anything’s “Cemetery,” added in a little “Baby Girl, I’m A Blur,” and called it “Cleo’s Ferry Cemetery.” You can stream the 7″ below.

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

wow cemetery was butchered lol.

I'm not familiar with mewithoutyou either but say anything's cover didn't sound good either haha

3. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

I think mewithoutYou's cover is great. Wasn't a huge fan of the lyric changes on Say Anything's cover though, Max is really into this dirty production sound lately and I'm still on the fence about it.

waterliars likes this.
  4. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

mwY cover us beautiful wow. Loved Aaron's changes. Max's cover isn't bad but it didn't grab me as much.

5. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Max's mewithoutyou cover is alright. Not a fan of the dirty production on it, but it grew on me a little by the end. I'd say that it could be a grower, but I won't kid myself and pretend that I'm going to go back to it. I'm halfway through the cover of "Cemetery" and fucking loving it.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I like them both.

7. scotchkoreanguy

Avoids eye contact, great conversationalist

Bands should do things like this more often. There's something constructive to be said for presenting your own take on someone else's art. It really emphasizes the idea that art's meaning is within the self/viewer/listener, which is really cool.

Eric likes this.
  8. Eric

Regular

mwY's cover is delightful. Max's cover is not bad but I don't know if I really like it

9. I actually enjoyed both of these quite a bit

10. mewithoutYou's cover is really great. Love that take on the song.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  11. mybreakingpoint

The Greatest Escapegoat

Not feeling either of these, unfortunately.