Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Artist Formerly Known as Grimes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Grimes sat down with Cultured for a new interview:

“The last album was a piece of crap,” she says. “I feel like people really misread it and it feels like a stain on my life.” She resists the notion that she tried to make a pop record, and considers it more of a genre exercise in which she demonstrated her range as a producer. “I just wish I could make music in a vacuum,” she claims, before retorting, “it’s good to make people mad actually, I retract my statement. If you can make people mad without actually hurting anyone, that’s probably a good thing.”

2. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

Art Angels? I love that album.

She seems like she worries too much about what people think of her, her personal life and her music. Hope she learns to just do what she wants. And I hope that she tries Sekiro out.

Spenny likes this.
  3. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

Uhhh Art Angels is really great tho

Spenny likes this.
  4. dorfmac

Trusted

She’s been musk’d

5. Spenny

Regular

+1 to Art Angels being great. Hope she doesn't disown that album.

serotonin likes this.
  6. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Art Angles is great wtfffff

7. somethingwitty

Trusted

Yea, I don't get it, I thought Art Angels was good. The couple new tracks she put out this year, Pretty Dark and We Appreciate Power, have both been solid too.