Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Cities Burn Announce New Album; Stream New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. I really dig this, plus the new songs they played live on the Silverstein tour. Glad to see them making new music again.

beachdude and AshlandATeam like this.
  3. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Yeah, I love this. And the other one they released. Really good mix of all their old material thrown in a blender.

beachdude likes this.
  4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

So damn good

beachdude likes this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Also dig it.

6. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

New songs are reallllly good. I was a little concerned they were going to return to their "Son, I Loved..." sound with TJ rejoining the band, but the new stuff maintains their growth.

7. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

So rad that TJ is back. Always had a soft spot for this band.

8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Really liking this. Jumped on that preorder!

9. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Don’t like it as much as 2020, but still decent...

10. simonbelmont

Regular

Very good must have listened twenty times already. Love the subject matter of the lyrics too. Some great art will come out of the Trump age, but it's too bad we'll all pay for it.

11. zachmacD

Trusted

Off topic but I saw these guys open for Underoath a few months before Define The Great Line came out. When these guys came out, everyone rushed the stage and the crowd was so tight my feet weren’t touching the floor.

It seems like these guys had a ton of hype and then I’m guessing TJ left the band?

12. AshlandATeam

Trusted

That’s exactly what happened. TJ left, so the band actually broke up. Then they decided to keep going, but without their singer, in a new style of music, and with lots of people thinking they’d broken up. The hot a fair amount of momentum back because Come Now Sleep is a masterpiece/has a big cult following, but it was never the same, and things really fell apart because they kept getting on heavier tours due to their past and never found a larger audience. They never toured on their third record, which was 90% just done out of obligation to the record label by Cody alone, because no one wanted to do it anymore.

Lots of twists and turns and ups and downs to the band’s career. And the band members themselves, as I understand it.

13. Lucas27

Trusted

I know the story behind Hell or High Water, but it's utterly fascinating to me that such an inspired and dynamic record was made more or less to fulfill a contract. They didn't even kind of phone that one in.

coleslawed and AshlandATeam like this.
  14. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I genuinely feel that's their best record

coleslawed likes this.