Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘The Umbrella Academy’ Renewed for Season Two

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

[​IMG]

Joe4th and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I watched all the episodes and was disappointed. I didn’t read the comic/book, so I had no foundation of the story. I just found too many characters unlikeable (there were maybe a few that I was surprised I enjoyed their screen time). I just felt like there were story holes, and maybe they will be explained in time, but I’m out.

Still, good on Netflix and good for Gerard, and there were some new actors (to me) getting a shot and doing a good job. The super hero market is supersaturated, so to each their own, and this one just isn’t for me.

4. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I thought I would like it more. It wasn't bad I just thought I would be more into it. It just felt weird at times.

I did not read the comic either.

.K. likes this.
  5. Tim Fitzpatrick

I'd argue that characters don't have be likable to be interesting and tell a good story. If it's not for you it's not for you, but when the characters are intentional flawed and selfish it's really the plot working as intended instead of an inherent flaw in the story telling.

and for the sake of my background with the story I only thumbed through the comic for 10 seconds and told myself I'd pick it up one day but never did so the show was my first dive in to what it's actually about.

also I'm stoked for a season 2

coleslawed likes this.
  6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I am all good with flawed characters. By likeable, I mean, care enough about the character.

I felt indifferent to a strong majority of characters. As I said, there were a few characters that I was surprised I ended up liking and enjoying their journey (hero and villain roles, or supporting character). I do however, think when the series reaches its big moment, you want viewers to feel more invested in the outcome than I felt.

But yes, to each their own.

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I loved season one and will be all over this

coleslawed likes this.