Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Everclear’s Art Alexakis Reveals Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Everclear’s Art Alexakis has revealed that he’s been diagnosed with a form of multiple sclerosis:

Three years ago I was in an automobile accident, and though I totaled my car, I am thankful that no one involved was seriously hurt. About two weeks later, I started feeling a tingle and numbness in my arm, thinking it was a pinched nerve in my neck, I went to the doctor and underwent an MRI. The report showed that I did indeed have a pinched nerve, but the pathologist also saw lacerations and suspicious marks on my spinal cord as well…scary, to say the least. I was sent to see a neurologist, who did a ridiculous number of tests – more MRI’s, a spinal tap, over fifty blood tests, and numerous cognitive and balance tests. After receiving the results, he told me that I have a form of Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS), and that I have had it for anywhere between 10 to 20 years. I went and sat in my car and called my wife, and cried for about half an hour. I’m sure people in the parking lot thought I was losing it, and I guess I kind of was.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I was diagnosed in 2017 and can 100% understand crying in a car. Hopefully his isn’t progressive and he’s able to keep it at bay.

3. vinylfilmaholic

I saw them last summer on the Summerland tour w/ Local H and Marcy Playground and I noticed that the songs were tuned down a step or two, was wondering why that was, maybe it can be attributed to that? Still a great live band and seems like a decent dude.

4. :tear: