Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Parks and Rec’ Cast Reunites for Ten Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The cast of Parks and Recreation reunited for the show’s ten year anniversary last night:

“The show had an argument to make,” Schur said. “The argument was about teamwork and friendship and positivity, being optimistic and not getting cynical and believing that people can do good and believing in the power of public service and believing that if you work hard and you put your head down and believe in the people around you who are part of your team, that good things are possible. That you’ll achieve the things you want to achieve, and I don’t feel like we left anything on the table. I feel like the show sort of made its argument. And we also — maybe this was like a preventative measure or something — we did jump ahead to the year, like, 2074.”

supernovagirl likes this.
  2. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Parks and Rec is one of the best things that I've ever experienced in my life, I miss this show so bad

3. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Even with the sketchy first one and a half seasons, Parks and Rec is probably one of the best shows that had ever been on TV. I rewatch at least once a year and it’s still gets me. So good.

Davjs, Damien Davies and heymattrick like this.
  4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

“The argument was about teamwork and friendship and positivity, being optimistic and not getting cynical and believing that people can do good"

Besides not having a nosedive in quality, this sentence sums up why I think this (and "Brooklyn Nine-Nine") are ultimately better than "The Office."

5. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I love the Office but I agree. The Office sometimes has a mean streak that the other two shows you mentioned do not. I love all three but the Office can leave a negative feeling that the others don’t.

Davjs likes this.
  6. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

This show brings me so much joy, for the reasons others have mentioned. I love every single one of the main characters so much. Like, I *care* about them so much. There is so much positivity in this show.

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

There is a very slight hint of that in the first season, with the Mark Brandanowitz stuff. Agreed that both B99 and P&R are ultimately better

8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Yup. He was my least favorite. They were smart to write him off when they did. The show really took off once he left and Ben and Chris show up!

9. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I'd be interested in Mike Schur's take on Aziz's #metoo allegations given his statements on Louie C.K.

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Great show but tainted by some of its cast since it ended.

11. Colby Searcy Mar 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2019)
    Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I was scrolling through Instagram and came across the guy who played Orin(whom I worked with when he was in HS) and didn't recognize anybody he took photos with

SlappinCups likes this.
  12. snaps

Regular Supporter

I believe it’s “whom I worked with.”

13. Colby Searcy

Happy?

14. snaps

Regular Supporter

I was joking. Lol. That’s cool you knew that dude though.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

I never know on here, there's plenty of grammar police around.

Tbh I've never seen an episode of this show but it's always been on my list if I really feel like watching a sitcom(which is basically never)

Ska Senanake likes this.
  16. DooDooBird

Trusted

The first two seasons are just okay. Entertaining enough, but not exactly must see TV. Make it through those two and you'll become addicted. Season 3 is gold and got me hooked. Had no problem binging the remainder of the series.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I recently did a full rewatch of season 2 and actually enjoyed it much more than I had ever remembered. I still think seasons 3-7 are pretty near perfect but I appreciate season 2 much more than before.

"Flu Season", "Eagleton", and "Soda Tax" are probably my top 3 favorite episodes.

18. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

19. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

10 years already? holy shit

20. Ska Senanake

Trusted

21. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

One of my favorite shows ever. Billy Eichner's character though......his character was so annoying it almost ruined the show for me.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  22. DooDooBird

Trusted

I assume this is that Craig guy that came along towards the end? Bc that dude was so unfunny.

23. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Wrong. He’s amazing!

24. Ska Senanake

Trusted

25. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Yes!!! I know he can be off-putting but I love it! And it’s like he playing an overblown version of himself. He’s amazing!