Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon Live at Paste Studio

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Really curious to see if he follows this up before gaslight does anything. Painkillers and Georgia are both getting heavy rotation from me.

ECV and Jason Tate like this.
  3. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Digging Painkillers. Deceptively simple and super catchy.

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Honestly would not be surprised if there's no Gaslight album for like five years. I think we will be hearing from him before then.

5. Ben Lee

You really think it would be that long? I just listened to Benny on Going Off Track and he seemed pretty conflicted. It was interesting to hear someone else from the band talk about it. They way he talked, I don't know that he would be able to last five years. Seems like it's already bothering him.

6. Craig Manning

Brian just didn't sound into it. Like, I'm sure he loves those guys, but it was like he didn't really see a path forward for the band. Hope I'm wrong.

7. Ben Lee

Well you and @Jason Tate just use your skills and push him towards Elsie pt.II

8. Craig Manning

That's going to happen, haha. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's his next thing. But yeah, that would be under the Brian Fallon moniker.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. alexjlow

Regular

I hope he releases one more full length before thinking about Gaslight again. He seems really happy doing what he is doing now and the record is brilliant. I think for Gaslight to feel right again they need another 2-3 years and then to come back completely fresh.

Also, does anyone have any info on a digital release for 'Georgia' or whether it has surfaced anywhere online? I have found nothing...

10. Ben Lee

Brian responded to someones tweet and said it would be on iTunes "soon." I think that's all that's been said about it digitally.

11. alexjlow

Regular

Thanks for the response, that'll get me through for now!

12. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Loving these sessions. Really.

13. Ben Lee

I was expecting more Harmonica on Painkillers actually. Surprised it wasn't there more often, or did I miss it?

14. Hail the king.

I would love to see another album in the vein of Elsie, especially since "Have Mercy" and "Low Love" come so close to the vibe on that album. That said I'm so content with Painkillers--great record with a great direction for Brian.

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty bummed out that I didn't get to catch his show when he was in town. Definitely next time.