Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

On the Fence With Jared Monaco of The Maine

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jared Monaco of The Maine shared an excerpt from the band’s upcoming book on Medium:

I’m not sure I’ll ever forget the day I walked into our studio knowing I was about to quit The Maine. Thinking back on it now, it was like a tense scene in a movie: We were early on in the writing for You Are OK. I was sitting in a chair in the control room, guitar in hand. John’s demos were playing through the speakers, and I was trying to think of what I could do to add to the song — but the only thing going through my head was static.

arcarsenal72 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin Mar 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 13, 2019)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Put some respeck on this man's name. I think everyone can relate to this in some way or another. Also, the Maine needs this man!!

zachmacD likes this.
  3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Great read, looking forward to the album.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This was awesome.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. prattsy

Regular

I love behind the scenes anything for bands I dig, but this was very poorly written. I feel like the first dozen paragraphs were just echoes of the one preceding it. They need a strong editor to lean this out.