Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New ‘Aladdin’ Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. copey

Regular

i was not impressed with the initial Genie/WS reveal, but honestly. I kind of want to see it.

3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

The Genie is Winter Soldier?? Damn, Disney is really taking advantage of all their IP!

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Joel Gustafson

A glass can only spill what it contains

I was extremely nervous for this movie, but it looks fun. I'll probably end up seeing it eventually.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This looks seriously awful.

6. grimis16

Regular

"Do you trust me?" I wonder if they will slip in the quiet secret at this part ;)

7. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Gosh I don't know about this. I know there's only been a teaser for The Lion King, but it seems like they are taking that in a more serious direction and Aladdin seems like it's going down the slapstick musical-comedy route. I'll still watch for strictly nostalgic reasons, but comparing what has been released from both Aladdin and The Lion King - I am FAR more excited for The Lion King and just plain nervous for Aladdin.

8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

This teaser is the only thing I've seen so maybe I'm missing something but I'm really having a hard time understanding where all the hate is coming from...
    they're taking a cartoon...with a blue genie...and turning it live action. Of course it's going to be over the top? lol. I think some of the commenters (here, twitter, fb) haven't watched aladdin lately and don't remember the tone of the original if they have a problem with this one. Just what it seems like to me anyway.

9. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I agree. It looks fun. Isn't that what it should be?

supernovagirl likes this.