Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Get Up Kids Announce New Album; Stream New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Get Up Kids will release their new album, Problems, on May 10th. Today they’ve released the new song “Satellite” and pre-orders are now up.

[​IMG]

Track Listing

1. Satellite
    2. The Problem Is Me
    3. Salina
    4. Now Or Never
    5. Lou Barlow
    6. Fairweather Friends
    7. Common Ground
    8. Waking Up Alone
    9. The Advocate
    10. Symphony of Silence
    11. Brakelines
    12. Your Ghost Is Gone

2. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

STOKED

3. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

Solid. I'm really cool, so I've been following these guys since Something to Write Home About. I rarely listen to emo'ish rock these days (because, like I said, I'm really cool), but I actually think Guilt Show is my favorite album they've released.

Obligatory LP ranking: Guilt Show > On a Wire > Something to Write Home About > Four Minute Mile > There Are Rules

Bayside 182 likes this.
  4. skullbird

Putting out albums 7-8 years a part have seemed to work for this band before.. Got a good feeling about this.

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

This artwork is toit.

6. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Reminds me of a Guilt Show era song and I really like it

raaaaaaaady likes this.
  7. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

8. love this single

9. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Sounds like TGUK! Really like this, but kept waiting for that vocal effect to drop and it never did. Can't help but think I'd like this even more if it did... or maybe it's there for a reason and I shouldn't be so picky.

10. jeff.dart

Regular

Oh wow this is some old school sounding tguk. Gonna be getting this

11. ioev

I'm a kid I'm a squid

Yeah, vocals don't sound quite as crisp as they did on Kicker, but I'm guessing it's intentional? Song still rules though. I had to force myself to stop listening after like 5 repeats.

12. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

What an awesome surprise was that! ;D love the single and the artwork! Had thought we wouldn't get anything after the EP... And I really loved Kicker, it was such a strong release!

13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

This is the exactly what I wanted to hear from a new album. Love that they are still making music.