Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Jonas Brothers Are Reuniting

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Jonas Brothers are reuniting and will release the new single “Sucker” tomorrow. The full press release can be read below.

Today, GRAMMY® Award-nominated multiplatinum powerhouse trio and arguably the definitive pop group of the 21st century— Jonas Brothers —announced their highly anticipated return to music. Marking the band’s first original release in nearly six years, and debut under their new partnership with Republic Records, their highly anticipated comeback single “Sucker” will be available Friday, March 1st worldwide at 12AM ET on all platforms.
    Get it HERE!

Following years of speculation, the news came this morning in a teaser for The Late Late Show with James Corden. In the teaser, the band officially announced their reunion and premiered a clip of “Sucker.” Next week, the Jonas Brothers will launch a special week-long takeover of the show which will run from Monday March 4-Thursday March 7 on CBS. They will join Corden on Monday for an exclusive chat on the couch, telling the full story behind their reunion. Throughout the week, they will take part in sketches, songs and various LATE LATE SHOW segments, including “Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts,” a brand new “Carpool Karaoke,” plus the world premiere musical performance of their new single, “Sucker.”

The preeminent male group of this century, Jonas Brothers opened the floodgates for a new era of titans in pop music. They earned three consecutive number one albums and sold out shows throughout three continents. Selling over 17 million-plus albums with over 1 billion streams worldwide, they’ve achieved dozens of platinum and gold certifications. Jonas Brothers notably received a GRAMMY® Award nomination in the category of “Best New Artist,” garnered “Breakthrough Artist” at the American Music Awards, won Billboard’s “Eventful Fans’” Choice Award for “Best Concert Tour of the Year,” and took home a Mexican Grammy, showcasing their international influence. The tremendous success of the band provided a launch pad for the successful and storied solo careers of Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas, and Kevin Jonas, who have kept loyal fans yearning for a reunion, until now.

2. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Today, GRAMMY® Award-nominated multiplatinum powerhouse trio and arguably the definitive pop group of the 21st century— Jonas Brother

:crylaugh:

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I remember them playing on some late night show back in the day and you literally couldn’t hear them bc the crowd was so damn loud.

4. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

[​IMG]

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

‍♂️

6. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Lol that press release is making some bold assumptions about peoples' interest in them reuniting. Fairly certain, given how fast the pop world moves, this news is being met with a resounding "meh."

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think their timing is pretty good. Long enough that their young fans feel nostalgia but Joe and Nick are still fairly relevant so it doesn't come off like washed up or desperate.

8. Yeah, "meh" has not been the reaction from fans. It's been trending worldwide the entire day.

9. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I mean, very arguably.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

My Instagram story feed has been insane with this news haha. Don’t underestimate these guys.

Mrplum5089 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  11. Can't lie won't lie I'm pumped

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

lol remember seeing them at Bamboozle Left in 2006... shared the same stage as Valencia. Couldn't believe it when they blew up.

13. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

That's a given from fans lol.

14. ... you said it was given a "meh" reaction. They have a fuckton of fans. You were wrong.

Mrplum5089, slimfenix182 and Brent like this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i mean.. i wasn't the biggest original joe bros fan, but i am definitely interested in what they put out now.

16. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I was wrong. I'm okay with that.

17. New single is really good

18. myawrld

Regular

Wonder what that guy who thinks kids don’t know what the Looney Toons are thinks about this.

palebluedot likes this.
  19. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Lol that argument was so off. I’m a third grade teacher at an inner city school. Kids know who the Looney Toons are. The kids at my school will love Space Jam 2.

20. 7 million views already. Seems ... like people cared.

21. Their merch still sells in places like Walmart and Target. I see Taz shirts all the time.

22. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah a lot of people give a fuck about this... especially since Nick and Joe’s careers have continued to pop off