Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Knuckle Puck Teasing New Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Dear god let somebody else produce the new record

BigMouth, RileyWitiw, btr and 3 others like this.
  3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I agree. Love the vocals and the lyrics, but I hate the mix that just blends them together.

cosmickid, RileyWitiw and CMilliken like this.
  4. CMilliken

Trusted

Let the drums have some space! The compression is turned up to 11 on both their previous albums.

cosmickid likes this.
  5. Dog Fish

Mutt

I've never seen anyone defend the production of their full-lengths. It physically hurts my head when I try and listen to them. Makes me feel like I'm going crazy. So unfortunate because shit, can they write hooks.

CMilliken and RileyWitiw like this.
  6. btr

Trusted Supporter

Their EPs are still their best work all around. That production has held them back the past four years

CMilliken and RileyWitiw like this.
  7. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Knuckle puck + good production would be dangerous

CMilliken and cosmickid like this.
  8. I can't believe they were working with Steve Evetts and had that falling out, and then went BACK to Seth Henderson. I know Steve pushes bands hard to be their best but that second record could have been so much better, both sonically and from a songwriting perspective...

9. TDenverFan

Regular

I'll be honest I don't really get the complaints about the production on their albums

10. A and B it with Suburbia by the Wonder Years, or even TGG, and you'll hear how unbalanced and harsh the frequencies are.