Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marianas Trench – “Echoes of You”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

I’m am SOOOOO into this album so far. Like holy crap this is shaping up nicely

Spenny and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  3. surgerone

Regular Supporter

and I just checked the pre-release on Apple Music and only ten tracks?? this will be super interesting after a bunch of long epic albums from them

4. chcougar1

Trusted

Most of their albums have had 12 tracks (Astoria would have had 13 without the interludes).

This track is a bit all over the place but I still think they can almost do no wrong.

5. chcougar1

Trusted

Now I see what you mean. Only 41 minutes vs about 55 for the others. Boo.

I also wonder if we aren’t going to get bookend concept album tracks.

6. surgerone

Regular Supporter

I wonder if there will still be interlude-ish musical numbers and they're just part of the track instead of being split up like on Astoria? I couldn't blame them if they wanted to go for more of a straightforward record after a bunch of big ones haha

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Looks like most of the songs are under 4 minutes long with a short intro track

8. chcougar1

Trusted

I just hope it doesn’t seem lazy of them. I would be bummed if the record was a bunch of standalone tracks after all of their super masterful concept albums on the last three.

9. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Even if it is all standalone tracks, I think it’d be presumptuous to call it lazy. I’m sure they’ll have put just as much thought into it as the last albums

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This album was confirmed, by Josh, to be a concept record, so there should be no ‘standalone’ tracks

People should read through his twitter feed, he’s been pretty open about his thoughts on this record with the fans who are asking questions

Jason Tate likes this.