Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warped Tour Shares More 25th Anniversary Information

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Warped Tour has announced the cities and venues for their 25th anniversary shows.

25 YEARS OF THE VANS WARPED TOUR
    [​IMG] Feb 25 • Pre-Sale Tickets On Sale
    [​IMG] March 1 • Lineups Announced
    [​IMG] March 1 • Tickets On Sale
    [​IMG]https://t.co/rSuGQJH0ta#vanswarpedtour #warpedtour #foreverwarped pic.twitter.com/YZ4OUv50Xj

— Vans Warped Tour (@VansWarpedTour) January 28, 2019
    06/08 – Cleveland, OH @ Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
    06/29 – Atlantic City, NJ @ Atlantic City Beach
    06/30 – Atlantic City, NJ @ Atlantic City Beach
    07/20 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
    07/21 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Hoping they get some bigger bands this year since it's a very limited run and also 2 days so hopefully some full sets

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I'm kind of shocked that they're not doing any dates in SoCal and have opted for Mountain View instead. I'd imagine that hurts their travel numbers considering hotels in the San Jose area are usually ridiculously overpriced anyway.

4. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Kind of annoying they made such a big deal about ending it then apparently not..? Alright.

5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I feel like it was made pretty clear that the cross country tour aspect was over, not warped as a whole.

6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Ooo I was under the impression it was over over.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  7. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

Yes they are, honestly id say get your air bnbs now. Like you i always thought they would do one socal date and one Mountain View date for sure.

8. MightyBrian

I am happy that there are 2 MV dates, but i wish we kind of knew if it is going to be different bands both dates are the same.

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Officially curious about the Atlantic City dates and the corresponding line-up.

10. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I've had to book hotels in Cupertino/Sunnyvale area for work before and it's easily been 2x or 3x the normal rate outside of the area.

For anyone looking, I'd absolutely recommend staying further away and taking the train if possible.

tyramail likes this.
  11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Thanks for that info. I’m planning on traveling from Portland and have never been to the Mountain View area before.

12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

From everything they've indicated on Twitter regarding pricing (one tweet: "yes the price will be higher than the regular tour, but still very reasonable relative to other festivals. We are looking at the $125-$150 range"), it sounds like different bands on different days.

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

totally expected Asbury....AC is interesting.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  14. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Mountain View is basically tech-central, with Google, Facebook, and Apple all within a couple of miles of the venue. San Jose would be your closest major city, 15-20 minutes away or so (San Francisco is a bit further north) and probably the preferred airport as well (SFO is close too, so just go with whichever is cheaper, but know that BART's last stop is SFO and you're looking at AMTRAK or Caltrain as the preferred train).

If you have time in San Francisco, go see the good people at Trick Dog for booze and food.

GEM37 and tyramail like this.
  15. MightyBrian

I mainly take public transit to Shoreline shows from San Jose (light rail and bus). Also keep an eye on Home page It picks up people from spots around the bay and drops you off 45 mins before the show starts, and picks up 45 mins after it ends. Some more advice, the bay area is really big on Warped Tour so get there 2 hours before doors open to get a great spot in line even if your bringing in cans or donating blood to skip to the front (I wish i was joking)

fourstarters likes this.
  16. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I'm shook we don't have a So Cal date.