Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me the Horizon – “Mother Tongue”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. xthisislove

Regular

This is waaaay too catchy! I hated the rest of this songs from this but this is waaaay too catchy. Let’s see if oli can pull it off live

3. transrebel59

Regular

Wait when did they start sounding like this

4. defmytones

Regular

I wonder if live they even polarize their own fan base. There’s people I’m sure that mainly know them from TTS and now this, how do they react when they play stuff off suicide season or there is a hell? Totally different band.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I wasn't a fan of BMTH. Their music isn't my cup of tea.

But this song sounds good.

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Guhhhhh, has those dumb chipmonk voice sounds in it - passsssss

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

F***, ok I like this.

coleslawed, CMilliken and cosmickid like this.
  8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

These replies make me so goddamn excited for Friday.

I stopped listening to the singles a while back because I'm so excited for this record. That's not a sentence I would have expected 2019 me to be typing, but they might be the most creative "big" rock/scene band (maybe aside from FOB) working right now in terms of pushing their comfort zones - and that of their fans.

CMilliken likes this.
  9. I really like this. I love that they’re just embracing their pop side. This got me real excited for Friday.

10. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Oh wow, I was not sold on that. I hope the rest of Amo has more songs like "Mantra" and "Wonderful Life" and isn't just this stuff.

I commend them for wanting to go down a poppier road and expand their sound but I think they need a bit of heaviness to balance things out.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Back in 2015, when they dropped That's The Spirit. They definitely don't want to be a metalcore band anymore.

12. oneeightytwo

Regular

People actually enjoy the heavy stuff. At least that was the vibe I got when I caught a show at their last tour. Even when they did the medley you could see that people were having fun.

13. currytheword

Trusted

Oli Sykes 10 year challenge.

2009:
    [​IMG]

2019:
    [​IMG]

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Somebody mentioned "Bring Me The Chainsmokers", hahhaa

15. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Hahah I love synth pop BMTH

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Song has grown on me but I am still a little iffy on it. Also, these youtube comments are hilarious.

17. ZeoVGM

Regular

The band is so divisive now that people are arguing with themselves.