Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Football – “Uncomfortably Numb” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Hayley was underutilized in this track.

Which I get that it's supposed to be American Football, but I honestly wish Kinsella took a backseat on this one.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The word 'now' at 1:27ish sounds like its clipped or something.

4. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

I can't get past how much the dude at the beginning of the video looks like blake anderson. good song, so psyched for this release

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It is him lol

6. paperlung

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  7. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Their voices sound amazing together, wow. I am biased to anything with Hayley but this is really good.

Bartek T. likes this.
  8. Ska Senanake

Trusted

2/2

9. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

It's better than the last one they dropped, but it's still lacking something to my ears. It just doesn't seem like they have that frenetic energy their old stuff has here and I get it, they're much older now and it's good to make music that reflects where you are as a person, but this just doesn't quite cut it for me. I still want to hear the whole album though because, you know, American Football.

That said, Hayley Williams sounds great here and I echo the sentiment that she was under-used.

10. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

Third listen hits. Wonderful track.~

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

This is amazing and I've been really waiting to hear that song, quite smart on them to release a video for it, though I wanted to wait out for the whole album with this track, couldn't stop myself now!

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

She has an entire segment on her own and provides great backing vox/harmonies....she was utlilized perfectly for a feature.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Okay

14. paperlung

She adapted to the sound perfectly, and sounded great. It’d sound weird to have her sing in her normal style for an American football song. She adapted well with her mewithoutyou feature, which honestly (pun intended) makes it more impressive to me that she can sound good in these varying styles.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. CSWAPPO

Regular

I really really like this song. I'm excited for the next American Football record.