Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Butch Walker Covers “Eye of the Tiger”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Butch Walker has shared his cover of “Eye of the Tiger.” He’s also shared how the song came to be, and that it’s in a new commercial for trucks.

I loved Rocky when i was a little boy. It was such a powerful movie that made this underdog feel like i could make it no matter what adversity was thrown in my face. I still remember when i left my little town for LA to grab that tiger’s tail… older guys in bands were telling my 17yr old ass “you’ll never make it. There’s too much competition. Stay here and be happy you’re playing cover songs in clubs 6 nights a week”…. naaahhhh. I’m gonna make it. I’m gonna make it, in spite of you… So… Here’s a little cover i recorded of EYE OF THE TIGER (The theme song from “Rocky”) several years ago, one late night at my studio in Nashville. Looks like RAM Trucks liked it enough to put it in their new advertisements. Hope you enjoy it. It was a fun stroll down memory lane.

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Good for him :dollar:

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Is this one of the songs New Found Glory is doing for Screen To Your Stereo 3 as well?

4. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Gotta get those sync placements babay